Load screen after death?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Hotshot22
x4

Load screen after death?

Post by Hotshot22 » Mon, 23. Apr 18, 13:22

Hey there!

I was wondering... when playing in higher difficulty, one can die pretty easily and it's quite a drag to always have to wait until the main menu has been loaded, after which I can select a save to be loaded.

So it would be really cool if after death instead of loading the main menu, the loading menu would pop up.

I haven't found such a mod, but maybe it does exist?

If not, how might I be able to change that? I've already searched a little but couldn't find such a code ("onPlayer.death" or "if player.primaryship.hullpercentage == 0" then "StartMenuCutscene")

Thanks a lot!!

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 26. Apr 18, 19:13

It is something that bugs me as well, since my computer is getting a little slow and loading time tends to stretch a fair bit.

I found a mod (on the steam workshop I think) that would remove all ships and stations in the main menu's background, so the game wouldn't have to load them all the time. It helps reduce the loading time for the main menu, but it's just a work around for the problem.

I recommend creating a tread suggesting this to the devs in the X4 forum, since it would be appreciated by players with weaker computers.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”