[MOD] Explore and Salvage v1.0 (4.0 Update)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 02:33

Aww, there might be something wrong with the current version... prolly gonna upload 0.02 soon.

You might not find anything new. :s

Found the bug, fixed soon. :)

File back online.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 09:01

Sound's fun :)

Will test after 2.5 released as trying to give feedback on vanilla beta at the mo.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 10:46

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Sound's fun :)

Will test after 2.5 released as trying to give feedback on vanilla beta at the mo.
Thanks. ^^ I can use all the help i can get. :)

----------------------------------------------

Mod has been removed from steam workshop because ppl won't be able to update or configure the mod there.

It will be reuploaded as soon as a ingame menu is created that handles that kinda stuff.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 12:04

Should these graveyards be in Maelstrom, extra threat and challenges... ?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 12:08

Interesting idea. Maybe Barren Heart sector in DV along similar lines?

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 12:33

birdtable wrote:Should these graveyards be in Maelstrom, extra threat and challenges... ?
Come again? ^^

Ya, they are all supposed to give the player new content.
Some have a huge amount of ressources to find, not just salvagable stuff, also cargo containers containing valuable stuff.

Sure thats not free for the taking, so enemies might be around. :p

But the huge static ship graveyards which won't despawn are only available in albion currently. I'll add more soon, its a very early state of the mod.

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Interesting idea. Maybe Barren Heart sector in DV along similar lines?
Ya, was already thinking about that, but first of all i need to make sure that everything runs smoothly before i start expanding. :)
Last edited by iforgotmysocks on Sat, 27. Sep 14, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 12:35

@ Sparky ... Devries ..yes .. There is no real dangerous challenge in the game, this mod could add a lot.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 13:09

DeVries is actually a safe heaven... There is no real threat. Okay, a few reiver fighters, but does that even count as a threat? I mean, a construction vessel can fight off a swarm of fighters without problems. I don't even bother adding weaponry to my stations.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 14:29

looks like your onto something I was looking for..need any help making missions and or stories? I've done a little of that in the past so let me know and we'll talk, would need a link to drop stuff at if your interested. :roll:

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 14:29

The Skunk is relatively safe in most circumstances due to boosting but if you're tagging crates for pickup, Reiver Titurels, plot PMC capitals and perhaps mods like WWX can make some DV zones tricky. Risk vs. Reward goodness.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 14:37

If I were you I'd keep the wrecks down to 1000 or less..more fields but less in one spot.saves on fps too, and enemies? Hos about drones still intact after the loss of their crews, still patrolling the wrecks? Just an idea. :roll:

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 27. Sep 14, 14:51

KRM398 wrote:looks like your onto something I was looking for..need any help making missions and or stories? I've done a little of that in the past so let me know and we'll talk, would need a link to drop stuff at if your interested. :roll:
Ya sure. :D I think we talked about that already. ^^
But i'm not there yet and duo to my disappearance for all those months, i'm rly behind regarding all the recent changes. I'll need some time to fix my mods and get back on track, but i think we definitly can work something out.
KRM398 wrote:If I were you I'd keep the wrecks down to 1000 or less..more fields but less in one spot.saves on fps too, and enemies? Hos about drones still intact after the loss of their crews, still patrolling the wrecks? Just an idea. :roll:
Hm, but how realistic is it to have so many all over the place? :s
Only the largest fields exceed 1000 wrecks though. ^^

Ya, Drones definitly make the most sense. ^^
I just used Xenons to get started, there is aloooot todo. :)

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sun, 28. Sep 14, 00:25

stories for each and every field might be tough and long winded, so maybe something like this:

When the gate network went down many, many people were lost in unfamiliar territory. Many times they were alone and some times they were in areas held by less than friendly forces. The only option they had was to bend to the will of their new Masters...or break...and some decided that slavery and imprisonment was something they refused to even consider.

They ganged together and found places to hide..temporarily at least... but eventually they all succumbed to either death or imprisonment. The wrecks of hundreds of ships litter space to this day, and when you find them, remember the great fight that occurred and the loss felt by the many honorable men and women that were taken away to never see home again.

Something simple like that explains them all..more or less.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 28. Sep 14, 14:31

Lost Weapons was updated, so it is usable again in connection to EaS! :)
http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/363/?

-----------------------
KRM398 wrote:stories for each and every field might be tough and long winded, so maybe something like this:

When the gate network went down many, many people were lost in unfamiliar territory. Many times they were alone and some times they were in areas held by less than friendly forces. The only option they had was to bend to the will of their new Masters...or break...and some decided that slavery and imprisonment was something they refused to even consider.

They ganged together and found places to hide..temporarily at least... but eventually they all succumbed to either death or imprisonment. The wrecks of hundreds of ships litter space to this day, and when you find them, remember the great fight that occurred and the loss felt by the many honorable men and women that were taken away to never see home again.

Something simple like that explains them all..more or less.
Ya but it should still be something special to find them. ^^
If they are all over the place, the player can just loot all the valuable stuff and it looses the special touch.

I'll do more testing, prolly i'll spawn more and add another multiplier for the player so he can adjust the amount of possibly appearing fields.

escondido
x4

Post by escondido » Sun, 28. Sep 14, 14:34

I installed your mod. then goes to the right place for my first test to which I noticed that there was a xenon ship. I commanded my Titurel to attack, only that even on the ship the weapons not fire a single shot. I do not know if it's defective or not the mod

the ship atack mine yes...it was so close to mine..
Last edited by escondido on Sun, 28. Sep 14, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 28. Sep 14, 14:37

escondido wrote:I installed your mod. then goes to the right place for my first test to which I noticed that there was a xenon ship. I commanded my Titurel to attack, only that even on the ship the weapons not fire a single shot. I do not know if it's defective or not the mod
The xenon ship didn't attack?
Hm, it's commanded to attack the player, maybe it ignores other ships in the process, i'll test it. Thanks.

If you find out more, keep me posted. :)

escondido
x4

Post by escondido » Sun, 28. Sep 14, 14:42

insted of that ..a have fling around and notice that the place are a gold mine

..keep the good work :lol:

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Tue, 30. Sep 14, 13:32

escondido wrote:insted of that ..a have fling around and notice that the place are a gold mine

..keep the good work :lol:
Will do, thanks. :)

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 15:56

Hey guys, just a quick update on things.

Some update seems to have messed with npc creation. ^^
Its not inteded that so many Xenon Destroyers are spawning near Highways. Usually they are hidden in their massive trashfields, but some change with a library messed with it.
I'm gonna fix it with the next version.

What is also coming with the next Version are Salvage Drones for the player! :)
No industry ships/drones yet, thats a way bigger part, but i created some playerdrones to get started. They are still in dev, but they work pretty good already.

I hope i'm able to finish it by tomorrow. :p
Last edited by iforgotmysocks on Sat, 4. Oct 14, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 19:31

Salvage drones!?! Nice :)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”