[MOD] Yet Another Trader v2.03c (updated 11th March '16)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 16:42

** updated to v0.1.1 bug fix release **
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 18:41

YorrickVander wrote:Glad to hear it :) After the logbook spam fix I want to add a new role : Trade for CV. It seems architects are crap managers for trade ships. I assigned a titurel to one earlier during test of a new mod and it sat there with commander 'cv' command 'none'. Doh. So, hopefully a trader can be assigned to cater for that CV's needs only until you have built what you want :)
Architects controlling one or multiple trade ships to get wares for construction has never really worked when I've used it. My personal experience since release is that the pilot and architect don't play nice. Pilot would seek mining or trades when they weren't locked in place. You could even toss mining drones on a station in the right zone and it would mine :p.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Re: [MOD] Yet Another Trader v0.1.1 (updated 14th July '14)

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 03:35

YorrickVander wrote:Update to v0.1.1
Really sorry guys, but I'm not 100% on the method to auto update ai on running scripts, so I will need to ask you to restart your traders and miners. This is not ideal but I'd rather ask this than do something incorrect and screw up your saves. Thanks for your understanding :)
That's ok, I only got 3 miners and 3 auto traders at the moment, so won't be too much of a problem, rather do it this way than to lose my little empire totally..
<Heads off to get update>
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 17:44

With this latest update i'm unable to configure any of my traders/miners, they just give me a blank window.
not sure if theres any more info i can give to help diagnose the issue, not that its super important.
Living in a land of make believe. Making peoples dreams die 1 by 1.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 18:27

Working fine my end. It might be worth deleting the extensions directory and redownloading in case of a file corruption.

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 22:30

Hmm, turns out then entire mod was dead, just gave the appearance of life, lost one of my 2 titurels cause it thouht sitting still in an enemy sector was smart :P

I removed the mod and loaded up my game again, saved, then reinstalled the mod which appears to have fixed it all :D
thx :)

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 22:36

no worries, glad you are up and running.

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 23:49

-sigh- seems i spoke too soon, miners seem to be working ok, but the UI options for removing and editing traders/miners is blank, strangely enough its happy enough to accept new miners/trades. however the traders float around 'searching for trades', even with funds allocated to them via the captain.

i've been looking through all the mods ive added, but i dont see anything that looks like it'd affect anything your mod needs to do, plus it was working perfectly over the past couple of days.

I guess the only thing left to try it to see about using them in a new game, it could just be that something else beyond the drone spam (reason enough to restart atm) has broken >_<

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 23:54

I've tested the mod with MCE and it seems fine. However aside from it's 4 custom ai files it uses vanilla for the rest. If you have other mods touching findfreetraderuns and so forth it might well break mine.

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 00:20

i used to have other mods that affected such things, but i made sure to disable them as i half expected conflicts.

though i believe its a moot point now as it really is all working fine now on a new save :)

thanks for your help sir ^_^

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 00:51

I'm back with another issue :3 i've got a Rahanas (container) running around trading or me, but his last 3 entries (10 mins apart from each other) have been 'sold 120 units of null to null for 0Cr'.

i'm not sure if i should be worried, or if he'll just fix himself later?

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 01:22

I'll keep an eye out for that, but haven't seen it before.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 03:38

YorrickVander wrote:I'll keep an eye out for that, but haven't seen it before.
I saw that once, but have not seen it since, so never bothered reporting it :)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 09:04

Cheers for confirmation.

EDIT : Can I take it you both saw this with current version?

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 09:33

YorrickVander wrote:Cheers for confirmation.
EDIT : Can I take it you both saw this with current version?
I think it was :)

Another thing I just noticed, all three of my auto traders were never giving me any credits, when I checked their accounts they all had under 2 million credits, now I am sure I gave them each 10 million to start with, but anyway, I just gave them another 10 million each, and will monitor what happens this time.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 10:06

Running a couple in a game here too, see what i can see. No profits is bad. Rather defeats the object :)

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 12:59

yes it's the latest version, but i do get profits. well sometimes they make a negative, but from what ive seen thats only from selling at my own CV ships, and i'd imagine the same for selling at my stations.. if i had any.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 13:12

@NZ did you reassign 10 mill after update and restarting the scripts? stopping the trader empties it's wallet back to yours...

@exel - yeah losses are possible. That's connected to the ware reservations issue. If the planned trip fails on sale, the trader will then sell to next highest bidder. As in vanilla thats mostly used by npcs who don't pay, it's not gonna be a priority for ES. I need to implement a system that works like manual trade perhaps as I haven't yet failed a sale that way unless the trade missions bug.

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 13:20

YorrickVander wrote:@exel - yeah losses are possible. That's connected to the ware reservations issue. If the planned trip fails on sale, the trader will then sell to next highest bidder. As in vanilla thats mostly used by npcs who don't pay, it's not gonna be a priority for ES. I need to implement a system that works like manual trade perhaps as I haven't yet failed a sale that way unless the trade missions bug.
I believe that could be what happened with mine as 20 mins after my last post the trader had moved onto another system and sold some of the stock he had on him.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 18. Jul 14, 23:42

Fix in testing for miners selling to null null for 0cr. If any errors seen with traders like this or specifically trade or miner having problems with player built stations please let me know (ty for heads up on that BlackRain).

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”