HELP...please - SOLVED. Down to poor tutorial design...again unfortunately

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rp198419

HELP...please - SOLVED. Down to poor tutorial design...again unfortunately

Post by rp198419 » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 17:17

I'm on the tutorial mission Long Reign. The Information/guidance bar now says,

"Earn 538000 credits"....but that is all it says, The orange bar has 2 arrows and a strange icon on it. There is no other information.

Some of you have already passed this point. Could you please help and tell me what to do next. I'm completely stuck due to the total lack of information in this miserably designed tutorial and am wondering how the game could be released to players unfamiliar with the non-vr version. Early access is fine; early access with crappy tutorials for new players is unforgivable. Devs take note.

I know a lot of people played X Rebirth so know what they are doing. Some of us however are new to this, so please help if you can.

Thanks.
Last edited by rp198419 on Sat, 5. Aug 17, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 17:56

Oh brother, where art thou?

I mean...

Can you share a savegame and post it here somewhere for download, in order to try it out.

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 18:25

Thanks for replying. Actually, I think I have worked it out...it is infuriatingly obvious really!

In all the previous parts of the mission, the HUD has indicated where to go following the information bar saying 'do this or do that'.

Now the bar is just saying 'earn 53800 credits"' (with nothing in the HUD) but what it actually means is, "Go out and earn 538000 credits anyway you like...but how you do it is up to you!"

The thing that complicates it is that stupid woman who tells you what to do next. You expect her to say something but at this point she says nothing. In short, the guidance in the orange bar should be followed by clarification in the audio voice acting.

I guess the answer is that it '...got lost in translation'.

IMO it would be better to have printed information only instead of that stupid voice acting. VA has its place..but not when it is done as badly as it is here.

Anyway, thanks again for your offer of help, which is appreciated.

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 18:36

No worries, glad you got it sorted. Making half a mil should be a breeze, see where Yisha leads you then...

Keep looking at this with a touch of Monty Python, it helps. :)

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”