[4.2.0 HF2 Oculus & HOTAS] FEEDBACK - Virtual screen & Quick Menu

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Franc Kaos

[4.2.0 HF2 Oculus & HOTAS] FEEDBACK - Virtual screen & Quick Menu

Post by Franc Kaos » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 07:50

Quick menu works for me thusly: Press button for quick menu, it stays up even when releasing the button, move to the command, hold it there whilst pressing the interact button and it works. Not exactly intuitive.

On the platform, when you press for anything a lovely virtual monitor pops up right in front of your eyes. I'm begging you to implement this in ship.

Less important but if I invert pitch in the axis options, when I pull backwards on my stick the ship lifts up (which is right and good), but pulling my wrist (?) backwards on the Touch pushes the ship down (disorientating). Is there a way to resolve this? maybe invert axis for each controller.

NPC dialogue open and dock still not working (with HOTAS) but when I got scanned by a police ship near a dock, the icon turned into the inward pointing arrows and 'interact' worked (just the one time), so the police scan changed or reset something.

Edit: Menu tabulator jumps to the bottom row of 4 buttons on the monitor, POV hat moves left and right.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 10:27

Is the "menu tabulator" issue specific to other menus mentioned in the post or more general?

I've split out the invert axis feedback into a new thread as it's a different topic to the UI so it will help us and Devs to keep a track of it.

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 11:12

menu tabulator
Specific to the monitor interaction. The four buttons on the bottom of the monitor; back, details, next etc appear to be hardcoded xbox style shortcuts but they don't seem to stay uniform. With Menu Tab. it makes it easier to navigate to them.

Reason I included it in the post was because it took me so long to discover this (even tho' TAB is known for jumping between screen elements), I thought I'd put it out there for other slow learners like me :)

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 11:51

Hey Franc,

I agree with you completely:

On SOME pages on the Slideout-Flatscreen (the one that flips out of its slot beween you and Yisha) - notably

- Accepting missions from the BB (accept and cancel)
- Selling/buing ships to the shipyard (accept and cancel)

The 4 buttons at the bottom that are bound to 1-4 on the keyboard on the pages:

- property owned
- zone/sector/system/galaxy

as an example

suddenly need a tabulator to activate.

I fail to understand why the same easy access 4 button combo was not used here. Why not make the Enter and Cancel buttons also work with shortcut 1 and shortcut 4?

The tabulator here works like a tabulator used in your browser, if not using a mouse. It will go from one link to the next and enter validates your choice. This is again one of the many GUI woes that came with the original game and which should be ironed out.

I can use the 1-4 keyboard shotcuts with the stick on my hotas - that works nicely and is very user friendly, however I'm not sure if I can assign them all 4 to one specific POV-HAT for example so they're all nicely tucked together.

The cancel and enter buttons need to use the same shortcut keys as the other pages: for example keyboard 1 and keyboard 4.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”