Rather a weird thing.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr.Killer
x4

Rather a weird thing.

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 8. May 24, 09:29

I neglected my ship for a while and saved it at that point, then the next day when I loaded it, I went to map view and I could not see my ship (where I was at the helm ofcourse) so I looked at the gate almost 18000 Km away, yes, I did neglect it, sorry, but the map view did not show my ship. Maybe the game goes this far out, but the map view not?

Well, I guess you devs did either not know, or did know, I don't know, but I wanted to inform you about this.

Keep developing.... and thanks.
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

charlie1024
x4

Re: Rather a weird thing.

Post by charlie1024 » Wed, 8. May 24, 15:32

Maybe the map showing maybe have its own limitation. I missed my ship previously once, and I revealed that an object too far from the central point of the sector will not be properly covered in the map.

As far as I know, default X4 map in a sector will show approx. radius 200km. For 18000km, well, not possible to draw properly I think.

You would be okay to go that far, but maybe almost no one will go. I just struggled to come back to the central of the sector when I did :wink:

Return to “X4: Foundations”