'One shotted' a Xenon K with an unmodded Elite.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Omni-Orb
x4

'One shotted' a Xenon K with an unmodded Elite.

Post by Omni-Orb » Fri, 10. May 24, 08:19

in an unmodded elite using one attack run with 50 friend foe mines and a torpedo launched at it i 'oneshotted' the Xenon K.
Credence follow stars.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 'One shotted' a Xenon K with an unmodded Elite.

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 10. May 24, 10:05

Nice job! Although the thought of one little fighter being able to carry and deploy 50 anti-capital mines and launch powerful torpedoes as well seems a bit of a bombload capacity stretch. Still, all credit to you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Fri, 10. May 24, 14:27

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 10:05
Nice job! Although the thought of one little fighter being able to carry and deploy 50 anti-capital mines and launch powerful torpedoes as well seems a bit of a bombload capacity stretch. Still, all credit to you.
Yes when you put it like that i totally agree, hopefully ship inventories regarding capacity will get a renew since its been asked for much.

Still, a great victory for my ego.
Credence follow stars.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 10. May 24, 16:32

Omni-Orb wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 14:27
Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 10:05
Yes when you put it like that i totally agree, hopefully ship inventories regarding capacity will get a renew since its been asked for much.

Still, a great victory for my ego.
Ship inventory capacity is ridiculous for small ships. After having done a ton of advanced satellite trading, I'm convinced it is the primary reason it is so lucrative and cheesy. Because a relatively cheap ship can carry the amount of materials in the form of 50 advanced satellites which which normally be carried by a couple freighters.

I will continue to advocate for people to cheese the system by advanced satellite trading until Egosoft decides it to give it a desperately needed nerf! VRO has the right idea where many ships have greatly reduced capacity to carry satellites.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Fri, 10. May 24, 16:36

And with M class' 100 inventories, players could easily destroy an Xenon I :https://youtu.be/e7b66yf8RJ4

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 10. May 24, 16:41

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 16:32
Ship inventory capacity is ridiculous for small ships. After having done a ton of advanced satellite trading, I'm convinced it is the primary reason it is so lucrative and cheesy. Because a relatively cheap ship can carry the amount of materials in the form of 50 advanced satellites which which normally be carried by a couple freighters.

I will continue to advocate for people to cheese the system by advanced satellite trading until Egosoft decides it to give it a desperately needed nerf! VRO has the right idea where many ships have greatly reduced capacity to carry satellites.
Disagree strongly about 'desperately needed'. Don't care in the slightest if you want to play the game in a cheesy manner. Do however very much care if your demands end up nerfing my ability to deploy my satellite network.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 10. May 24, 17:33

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 16:41
Falcrack wrote:

Disagree strongly about 'desperately needed'. Don't care in the slightest if you want to play the game in a cheesy manner. Do however very much care if your demands end up nerfing my ability to deploy my satellite network.
Ha, I knew that would trigger you specifically! I set up extensive satellite networks myself, but I would gladly sacrifice some personal convenience to close this particularly large exploit.

For the record, a single fighter can carry 50 advanced satellites. The equivalent space in wares for 250 advanced electronics, 250 scanning arrays, and 500 energy cells needed to make those 50 advanced satellites is a freighter with 15000 m3 cargo space. Think about it.

I've been busy wrecking the Terran economy, starving them of wares, by using 20 Pegasus vanguards buying 50 advanced sats each from their wharves and equipment docks at a time for 46000 credits each, and selling them for 70000+ credits each in the commonwealth wharves. Repeat this cycle enough (for 20+ million credits profit each run), and even the mighty Terran economy becomes starved for wares.
Last edited by Falcrack on Fri, 10. May 24, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Fri, 10. May 24, 17:46

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 16:41
Falcrack wrote:

perhaps the problem is more one of having to deploy a thousand satellites rather than acquire a single trade feed for a sector. If they did rework the satellite thing, perhaps this is what we should be pushing for - fewer satellites that provide something different than dispelling fog of war in a small area and giving ware price updates. I think such things are outdated.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 10. May 24, 17:51

gbjbaanb wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 17:46
perhaps the problem is more one of having to deploy a thousand satellites rather than acquire a single trade feed for a sector. If they did rework the satellite thing, perhaps this is what we should be pushing for - fewer satellites that provide something different than dispelling fog of war in a small area and giving ware price updates. I think such things are outdated.
I think a single satellite or ship per sector should be able to provide trade information for all stations in the sector, with extra satellites serving mainly to provide radar coverage. Kind of like it was in X3.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 10. May 24, 18:08

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 17:33
I've been busy wrecking the Terran economy, starving them of wares, by using 20 Pegasus vanguards buying 50 advanced sats each from their wharves and equipment docks at a time for 46000 credits each, and selling them for 70000+ credits each in the commonwealth wharves. Repeat this cycle enough (for 20+ million credits profit each run), and even the mighty Terran economy becomes starved for wares.
It is entirely your choice to do that, there's absolutely no need to play that way. It's certainly not the way I've ever played the game, so why should my enjoyment of the game be diminished due to your lack of self control?
gbjbaanb wrote:
I actively enjoy setting up my satellite network, particularly flying a fast & nimble S ship to deploy them. Have had some thoroughly enjoyable dogfights with Xenon & Kha'ak fighters in my tiny Irukandji with it's single Ion Gatling while doing so. Find it very satisfying to have a practical purpose for flying such a ship. Removing satellites from the game & replacing them with a trade feed would eliminate this aspect of the game entirely, along with all of the fun I gain from it.

Vovadrik
x4

Post by Vovadrik » Fri, 10. May 24, 19:06

I think mine issue can be solved by having cool down for their use, so that you cannot spawn 100 of them during pause. But mines are useless in general, at least I have not found any use of them.
For satellites, maybe it makes sense for them to take some space from ship like it was in X3
Overall I liked X3 gameplay where you have to produce everything using separate factory, it kind of makes sense, but in x4 everything is produced on the wharf, which makes easier bulk order of ships, but destroys individuality. This results in having huge number of ships and you don't really mind losing them unless they have mods

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Sat, 11. May 24, 13:08

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 18:08
gbjbaanb wrote:
I actively enjoy setting up my satellite network, particularly flying a fast & nimble S ship to deploy them. Have had some thoroughly enjoyable dogfights with Xenon & Kha'ak fighters in my tiny Irukandji with it's single Ion Gatling while doing so. Find it very satisfying to have a practical purpose for flying such a ship. Removing satellites from the game & replacing them with a trade feed would eliminate this aspect of the game entirely, along with all of the fun I gain from it.
I never suggested removing satellites from the game - just to find an alternative use for them.

For example, in core sectors why are you dropping sats when there's an infrastructure already present. If every trader did this, there'd be a station-clump of sats in the middle of every sector. But that woulnd't apply to uncontrolled sectors, and it wouldn't apply to places where the residents are not connected to the main feed - if you wanted to keep an eye on a pirate base or a sector you're not friendly enough to buy the sector trade feed, for example, then satellites as they currently are would be right back in their element. All the good aspects of satellites but without the grind of having to drop them everywhere.

TroubledRabbit

Post by TroubledRabbit » Sun, 12. May 24, 21:00

gbjbaanb wrote:

indeed. I would consider that one of the obsolete mechanics of the game which is kept by inertia. Just like the 'scanning' part.
Have you ever woke up and found a ton of advertisement before your doors? Yep. The sellers will *advertise* the merchandise, you do not need to pay for it (actually sometimes they will pay you for not putting that into rubbish bin ASAP).

While I understand for some extend that you need to pay for the overlook of the economy of the whole Faction (instead just making a quick look into 'Argon FT') at the level of 'corporation' or 'region'/sector this simply does not have sense. Satellites have their place in underdeveloped, ownerless, enemy or otherwise murky areas.

And 'regarding the sheep': I do not have problem with scout able to carry a truckload of recon stuff. That's not a problem, if someone wants to cheese through one's game, why I should mentoring them that they are 'playing this wrong'?
Even Lower Spec (occasional) Gamer

Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon, kernel line: 5.15, X11
T14 AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650U/Renoir, 32GB

X4Starter

Post by X4Starter » Mon, 13. May 24, 00:46

I would chalk this up to drive by boarding and other such things.

If people want to use it, let them use it, the majority of players won't.
This is a sandbox, let people play how they want.

I agree with the comments about satellite requirements, so modifying down the number of items at this at this state of the game is not going to be well met. And the players on this forum do not represent the majority of players out there.

Though the idea of a single Elite yeeting toward a K in a 'galaxy quest' esque manoeuvre is hilarious.
Or perhaps more amusing is that someone finally found a use for the elite...

Return to “X4: Foundations”