Is 7.0 Too Easy?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Re: Is 7.0 Too Easy?

Post by gbjbaanb » Thu, 9. May 24, 19:03

flywlyx wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 15:37
gbjbaanb wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 14:56
Why is the Fight aspect the only part that people complain about being easy? X4 is about 4 different parts, and frankly, fighting the xenon is only easy because the rest are easy too. If your wares were much less profitable, and your stations didn't spam out more product than anyone needs, then things would be much different.
A skilled player can single-handedly clear an entire Xenon sector with just one destroyer. Making it harder to build destroyers won't solve anything.
of course it will. It will extend the mid-game which is where most players get the most enjoyment. If obtaining a destroyer is harder, then the game is harder (by definition)

I think you also overestimate what 1 destroyer can do to a xenon sector.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Thu, 9. May 24, 19:15

gbjbaanb wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 19:03
of course it will. It will extend the mid-game which is where most players get the most enjoyment. If obtaining a destroyer is harder, then the game is harder (by definition)

You could get a syn from TER plot and 1 Syn vs 1I+6K+20P+100M/N: https://youtu.be/-zXdvZiyogM
You overestimate what a Xenon sector could do.
Most players get the most enjoyment at the current pace, if you are assuming that making the mid-game grinding hard will please the players, think again.
I'm not certain if you're familiar with the saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

PV_
x4

Post by PV_ » Thu, 9. May 24, 20:02

Less profitable wares won't impact player progression in terms of countering Xenon. There are plenty of other tools what will be chosen instead. Nerfing everything to the point player is flying basic ship for first 100 hours will make zero online in matter of few weeks or massive migrating to older patch.
flywlyx wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 19:15
You could get a syn from TER plot and 1 Syn vs 1I+6K+20P+100M/N
To be more precise, its modified 1 Syn + 20 rep with at least Paranids for L Plasma. Obtainable early game, same as money for upgrades, but still... :D

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Thu, 9. May 24, 23:26

flywlyx wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 19:15
gbjbaanb wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 19:03

You could get a syn from TER plot and 1 Syn vs 1I+6K+20P+100M/N: https://youtu.be/-zXdvZiyogM
You overestimate what a Xenon sector could do.
Most players get the most enjoyment at the current pace, if you are assuming that making the mid-game grinding hard will please the players, think again.
I'm not certain if you're familiar with the saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
Well, if you think it isn't broke and people get trhe most enjoyment from the midgame, extending the midgame is a logical conclusion.

Anbd the syn, I thought we were talking of progressing through the game to build or buy destroyers. Grabbing one from a quest is quitre a different matter.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Fri, 10. May 24, 03:12

gbjbaanb wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 23:26
Well, if you think it isn't broke and people get trhe most enjoyment from the midgame, extending the midgame is a logical conclusion.
By making grinding harder? That's called trying to fix something that isn't broken.
gbjbaanb wrote:
Anbd the syn, I thought we were talking of progressing through the game to build or buy destroyers. Grabbing one from a quest is quitre a different matter.
Plot is apparently part of the game progress.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 10. May 24, 14:44

gbjbaanb wrote:
IMHO, the game has only "endgame", because no matter what (and how little) I have, I am awesome. Therefore, there is no "midgame" for me and no change would make that 0 "longer". Granted, all players do not share that view and will feel affected.
gbjbaanb wrote:
I don't buy, build, nor plot destroyers for myself, but I do accept "donations". Plenty of them. There are many ways to get something in the game, so assuming any particular approach is not safe way to start a debate.

Xenon are one of the hardest bits in the X Universe. Practically everyone else one can spoon-feed to make them fine and strong. With Xenon the best you can do is (A) not slaughter them and (B) sabotage other factions. Even then you can fail to make them great (again). Not quite your standard "build or buy" tactic, is it?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Fri, 10. May 24, 17:37

According to this, 55% of the players want more midgame.

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=460715

So whatever you think the midgame doesn't provide, you're in a minority. I'm not sure you know what you want TBH. more zenon that are harder to defeat. You have the existential crisis to deal with, if that's not enough nothing is going to be. If you don't care for the building and trading, then fine but don't expect the game to be based around anything else, one of its fundamental pillars is Build. I'd say the game is predominately build and trade based, the simulation is the game and everything else the player can do is "added extra".

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 10. May 24, 17:54

gbjbaanb wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 17:37
Just to point out that that's not actually what the poll asked; the poll asked what people currently enjoy the most. It's not entirely clear from the result whether that means that they enjoy that part and want more of it, or whether they enjoy that part already and would therefore like more work done in the other parts to make those equally enjoyable. The answer is probably "both", but that isn't always a practical answer and doesn't really tell us much. :)

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Fri, 10. May 24, 21:30

gbjbaanb wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 17:37

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=460715
In general, adding more mid-game content doesn't equate to making grinding more difficult; rather, it entails introducing additional game content such as factions, ships, and factories, much like what Egosoft has consistently done with each DLC release.

Return to “X4: Foundations”