Please keep 7 BETA going

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Buck
x4

Please keep 7 BETA going

Post by Buck » Mon, 13. May 24, 04:23

There is still a very long list of issues that need to be addressed.
I hope Egosoft will continue the BETA for a extended amount of time & fix the still many problems

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Please keep 7 BETA going

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 13. May 24, 10:34

The best way to ensure that happens is to report the issues you think still remain (just one per thread with a relevant title) in the public beta forum and provide the necessary unmodded game evidence that would allow the devs to investigate them.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Mon, 13. May 24, 18:16

Buck wrote:
Mon, 13. May 24, 04:23
There is still a very long list of issues that need to be addressed.
I hope Egosoft will continue the BETA for a extended amount of time & fix the still many problems
+1 I worry that by the time I get another report out they'll have ended the beta. These things take time to do, especially if you have to other things in r/l meanwhile. And I think I pick up the little things most people don't (not just constantly obsessed with ships and how powerful my guns are, for example)
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

geldonyetich
x4

Post by geldonyetich » Mon, 13. May 24, 18:30

Something that most players don't implicitly realize is that the developers look at a game differently than they do because they are too close to it.

So having some guy pop out of the woodwork shouting, "WOAH, WAIT, DON'T LEAVE BETA YET" and then running off into the darkness is probably pretty mystifying to them.

It's important to submit those reports, detailed with step by step instructions, saved games, and how the manifest behavior differs from your expected behavior.

But I don't think you need to worry about Beta 7 ending when they haven't formalized Timeline's release date yet.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Mon, 13. May 24, 21:03

Considering how broken 6.x is and for how long it's been out, I think they should push out at least some of the fixes/improvements in 7.0 to the 6.X branch soon.

Or preferably, remove the late-game crisis from 7.0 and just roll out the update, giving them time to go back to the drawing board on that one and release it when it's a better developed feature in 7.X+. It doesn't have to coincide with the DLC.

Buck
x4

Post by Buck » Mon, 13. May 24, 21:12

I have 3,000 hours game play in X4
And 21 years in playing X games
Since the release of X2

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Mon, 13. May 24, 22:53

Buck wrote:
Mon, 13. May 24, 21:12
I have 3,000 hours game play in X4
And 21 years in playing X games
Since the release of X2
7 BETA is not going on forever. Egosoft is wanting to get to work on X5 soon.
~ 9101 hours in X4.
24 years playing X games, since XBTF.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

SparvieroGed
x4

Post by SparvieroGed » Tue, 14. May 24, 12:20

Devs keep working on their games even when there aren't public betas around :lol:

Buck
x4

Post by Buck » Tue, 14. May 24, 20:58

Your right, they'll abandon X4 just like they did Rebirth & move on to the next build.
Fix problem bugs doesn't turn a profit, creating a new release does.............

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 14. May 24, 21:46

@ Buck: Just now they seem to be spending a whole lot of potential profit on work to do with the public and private betas that they could have just released earlier, with all new non-showstopper faults and inconsistencies still present.

Did you consider contributing to the beta process as I recommended earlier? It just seems slightly illogical in principle to wish to extend a process that is not participated in whilst also holding doubts about its fitness for purpose. <shrugs>

Buck
x4

Post by Buck » Fri, 17. May 24, 00:55

" contributing to the beta process "
I learned a long time ago that's pointless :headbang:

Daemonjax
x4

Post by Daemonjax » Fri, 17. May 24, 01:16

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 13. May 24, 10:34
The best way to ensure that happens is to report the issues you think still remain (just one per thread with a relevant title) in the public beta forum and provide the necessary unmodded game evidence that would allow the devs to investigate them.
"in the public beta forum"

Would help if that was an actual link I could click on. Been playing public beta since like 5.x and haven't found those beta forums yet. This is the first time I'm hearing about them.

Found it! viewforum.php?f=192

geldonyetich
x4

Post by geldonyetich » Fri, 17. May 24, 01:21

This thread has certainly painted an interesting picture. But I suppose if I consider the nature of others my responsibility then it would be a font of everlasting misery.
Daemonjax wrote:
Fri, 17. May 24, 01:16
"in the public beta forum"

Would help if that was an actual link I could click on. Been playing public beta since like 5.x and haven't found those beta forums yet. This is the first time I'm hearing about them.
Click on board index on the top and you should see it if you scroll down far enough.

Be sure to read the sticky there. They're not interested in speculation or arguments. It's strictly business or get that malarkey out of the beta forum.

Honestly at times I think that level of strictness might end up obstructing vital feedback, but I suppose it's their house, they can build it or burn it down as they wish.

And to be fair, it seems like there's an awful lot of negativity and stubbornness in this fandom. Probably have to put extra effort in to keep it under wraps.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 17. May 24, 10:11

Heh, I'm struggling to follow the logic of wishing to extend something considered pointless. :?

Anyway, I'm glad that others feel differently about participation as there is value for all other players through the beta process.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Fri, 17. May 24, 18:42

Buck wrote:
Fri, 17. May 24, 00:55
" contributing to the beta process "
I learned a long time ago that's pointless :headbang:
You should participate even if it feels like you aren't noticed. I know the feeeling. Just in case you catch something no one else has, if you truly want X4 to be better., that is. And at least you will have tried.

In another game I once applied to the Dev about adding an extra mechanic to the game and to my surprise it happened. It was probably a coincidence, but still no one else had mentioned it...
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 17. May 24, 19:08

I'd be more than happy to wait longer, if we would get Condor E and Stork E.

Return to “X4: Foundations”