A few ideas I had

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SwizzleStick86
x4

A few ideas I had

Post by SwizzleStick86 » Mon, 13. May 24, 20:13

PLEASE MOVE IF POSTED IN THE WRONG PLACE

So I was thinking and I had a few ideas that I think would be neat in the game. I do recognize that Egosoft is very busy with BETA 7.00 and Timelines, but I figured I'd mention my ideas just incase ya'll like them, or any moders that like the ideas.

1. Drone Pods
It could be a small (or multiple sizes) station module with like 20-40 drone capacity and launch tubes. My thinking is for player defense stations in freindly sectors (instead of using admin modules, creating conflict with the sector owner). The launch tubes would support rapid drone launch.

2. The ability to change the HQ texture.
I know others have asked for the ability to apply paint mods to station modules, and that would take a lot of Egosoft's valuable time. But what about the ability to change the texture model on the HQ(even if it is only the HQ) to match the different races? That way you could have it match whatever race parts you attach to it (i.e. when doing a Boron playthrough, the HQ could have the same texture applied as the Boron modules).

3. Station Module end caps
Pretty much how it sounds, just a simple "cap" you could use on your stations (possibly different ones for different stations) at the end of connections to make the station look more finished. There could even be an armed defense Module version of it.

4. The ability to have a defense station act like a carrier, launching fighters/frigates as needeed when threats come around. They could even possibly repair/rear subordinates (but not a full equipment dock). It could be a specific Module to enable this (a very expensive one)
"It can only be attributable to human error."
-HAL 9000

Return to “X4: Foundations”