Mods I want to see in X4 (split from scripting system thread)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

gbjbaanb
x4

Post by gbjbaanb » Sun, 24. Sep 17, 12:23

Skyman wrote:Oh dear, so many "old timers" assume that the base Egosoft game will not be good enough.
I have been playing these games since x2, I wonder why I keep doing that? Could it possibly be that Egosoft make a pretty good game?
even before the modders get started? :)
Hehe, that's because the base Egosoft game, whilst good, has always been improved by mods. Even officially sanctioned ones like the bonus packs.

Mods make the best games work better, the modding system should be present and full.
Oh I do play the MODS, but generally after having played the stock game for a few hundred hours or so. Very Happy
Only a few hundred? Lightweight :)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 24. Sep 17, 18:14

Depending on how taklative and stupid the NPC will sounds, I think I'll gonna need "Silece All" mod from X-Rebirth.

Plus something like CWIR if the Egosoft promises on faction war/destruction will not be fullfilled.

Other than that I'd only need some custom made ship mods that were plenty in X3 but almost null in XR.

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch » Sun, 24. Sep 17, 18:39

It's not that they're talkative, it's whether they hire actual voice artists and not people pulled from the street. Some things get lost in translation so that doesn't help for a start. So someone who is a native English speaker should go over the dialogue to ensure what is to be said actually makes sense and not rely upon a transliteration from German to English. And then get people in who are used to standing in booths and delivering their lines into a mic without it actually sounding like that's what they are doing.

The trouble here is that often they read the lines without any context. For instance, two people engaging in a conversation may not even be there on the same day whereas if they got all the people involved in that conversation to record in the same room at the same time its more likely to come across better.

But the script still needs to be good first. First thing would be stop that Wayne's World rubbish once and for all.

Kitty
x3tc

Post by Kitty » Sun, 24. Sep 17, 19:09

Skyman wrote:Oh dear, so many "old timers" assume that the base Egosoft game will not be good enough.
I have been playing these games since x2, I wonder why I keep doing that? Could it possibly be that Egosoft make a pretty good game?
even before the modders get started? :)
:lol:

I answered "mine" because I love to mod games, espetially X games, when I have played a lot and when I understand well what's going on. But, to be honest, I'm not very fond of previous X mods. Most of them I didn't even try. One of them was interesting, XTM, but, well... it's nice, ya know, and it's a real big work... I worship XTM coders... well... all that... na, it's excellent... it's just that, well... all these mega sectors... not exactly my trip. One of us here loved XTM alot, thought.

But continue your good jobs modding the game. MODDING IS FUN.

In short, I agree.... with the exception of X:R, which I didn't play for reasons explained elsewhere, which means that I didn't look for mods that could've made it playable either.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 24. Sep 17, 19:59

mr.WHO wrote:Depending on how taklative and stupid the NPC will sounds, I think I'll gonna need "Silece All" mod from X-Rebirth.
Personally, I REALLY hope (perhaps "wish" would be more accurate) that the game would ship with a 3-point slider for NPC dialog available in the game options: Verbose/Full, Succinct/Brief, and Silent/STFU-already. After Rebirth, this would make me VERY happy! :D
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 24. Sep 17, 20:20

Memnoch wrote:It's not that they're talkative, it's whether they hire actual voice artists and not people pulled from the street. Some things get lost in translation so that doesn't help for a start. So someone who is a native English speaker should go over the dialogue to ensure what is to be said actually makes sense and not rely upon a transliteration from German to English. And then get people in who are used to standing in booths and delivering their lines into a mic without it actually sounding like that's what they are doing.

The trouble here is that often they read the lines without any context. For instance, two people engaging in a conversation may not even be there on the same day whereas if they got all the people involved in that conversation to record in the same room at the same time its more likely to come across better.

But the script still needs to be good first. First thing would be stop that Wayne's World rubbish once and for all.
Any, I mean ANY even most professional and beautiful speech will get irritating after you have to hear/skip it for 1k times.
RAVEN.myst wrote:
mr.WHO wrote:Depending on how taklative and stupid the NPC will sounds, I think I'll gonna need "Silece All" mod from X-Rebirth.
Personally, I REALLY hope (perhaps "wish" would be more accurate) that the game would ship with a 3-point slider for NPC dialog available in the game options: Verbose/Full, Succinct/Brief, and Silent/STFU-already. After Rebirth, this would make me VERY happy! :D
That would be a great option!

Return to “X4: Foundations”