Split from X4 VR etc thread

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Reprisal
x4

Post by Reprisal » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 04:50

X2-Illuminatus wrote:<snip>
Nothing you quoted has any bearing whatsoever on framerate except for significantly reducing the number of ships and stations. Which isn't an issue for people with high end PCs as the original universe layout has been modded back into X Rebirth VR.

Now obviously Egosoft doesn't want to do VR in X4 because it's a lot of work to change the UI and make optimisations. OK the UI needs to be modified, fair enough. But the claim that optimisations have to be made doesn't seem to hold water.

And considering you've done nothing but quote others, I don't think you're the person to discuss this with. If I can run X Rebirth VR at 2.0SS and never dip below 90FPS, then the optimisations were far too extensive.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 10:54

Reprisal wrote: Nothing you quoted has any bearing whatsoever on framerate except for significantly reducing the number of ships and stations. Which isn't an issue for people with high end PCs as the original universe layout has been modded back into X Rebirth VR.
But the claim that optimisations have to be made doesn't seem to hold water.
Are you referring to the X-R Vanilla Recall Collection? That doesn't claim to have increased the numbers of NPC Traders back to classic XR levels (or Miners, if they were reduced), and it includes several optimisations that would probably increase performance in classic XR (removal of nebulae, debris and stardust effect, and reduction in mass traffic).
Reprisal wrote: And considering you've done nothing but quote others, I don't think you're the person to discuss this with.
Perhaps if you could present facts like X2-Illuminatus, instead of slinging insults and making unsubstantiated claims about what other people experience, the discussion would progress better.

Reprisal
x4

Post by Reprisal » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 12:39

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Perhaps if you could present facts like X2-Illuminatus, instead of slinging insults and making unsubstantiated claims about what other people experience, the discussion would progress better.
What insults have I slung at anyone? I'd say X2 using the eye-rolling image as the closest thing to an insult I've seen.

As for unsubstantiated claims, what unsubstantiated claims? That the optimisations are over the top? It's not like that opinion is unique.

If you're planning on railroading me here, just say so and I'll stop posting.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 15:12

People come to this forum for information not to hear complaints and arguments about and with people trying to help.

Just calm down and post on topic please. If you disagree with something said then feel free to say so but without also making it a personal matter.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”