X4 Questions: Fleet resupply & NPC budgets

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

EuRoKa
x4

X4 Questions: Fleet resupply & NPC budgets

Post by EuRoKa » Tue, 26. Sep 17, 23:46

Hi,

I have two questions:

1. Regarding the economy of the universe, will NPCs pay and receive money when they trade with each other and the player? If not on an individual NPC level, will there at least be a money based fleet and station-building expansion limit for factions? I think something similar was introduced in Litcube's Universe, where the player had actual competitors who were bound by similar conditions (especially in terms of money) as the player.

2. I was hoping for an automatic resupply of destroyed ships, especially for wingmen and carriers. It always bothered me to manually buy and equip every single fighter once they get destroyed, including sending them to various equipment docks. Though the rapid hammering on the down arrow, end, and return key were kind of fun back in the X3 days.

Thanks!
XR Station Match Finder 1.1 <-- check ideal station combinations (for best use of mass-traffic)/production/resources + ware finder.

Vandragorax
x4

Re: X4 Questions: Fleet resupply & NPC budgets

Post by Vandragorax » Wed, 27. Sep 17, 17:38

EuRoKa wrote:Hi,

I have two questions:

1. Regarding the economy of the universe, will NPCs pay and receive money when they trade with each other and the player? If not on an individual NPC level, will there at least be a money based fleet and station-building expansion limit for factions? I think something similar was introduced in Litcube's Universe, where the player had actual competitors who were bound by similar conditions (especially in terms of money) as the player.

2. I was hoping for an automatic resupply of destroyed ships, especially for wingmen and carriers. It always bothered me to manually buy and equip every single fighter once they get destroyed, including sending them to various equipment docks. Though the rapid hammering on the down arrow, end, and return key were kind of fun back in the X3 days.

Thanks!
1) I wouldn't count on it, this hasn't been done in any vanilla X game yet and nothing along those lines has been announced or spoken about by any Egosoft employee so far. Perhaps this is one of those cases where it's better left to modders to enhance that, but it could be possible there are some improvements in this area based on the comments we have had so far about a more dynamic universe with factions that actually need to build their own ships and resupply lost resources etc.

2) They did improve this in Rebirth quite a lot, there is no need anymore to fly every ship in the compliment halfway around the galaxy in order to buy certain weapons or armour or shields etc. etc. You can just equip them with whatever they need from any shipyard where they are build/bought from. I prefer this approach enormously, in X3 it was the single most pain in the ass thing and is why I ended up using a mod that let capital ships use 'drones' instead of real M class fighters, which it would automatically replace. I believe that mod went some way to inspiring Egosoft to use the approach they did with Rebirth and I'm grateful for that. Drones make a lot more sense, and outfitting fighters at the place they are bought also makes a lot more sense and a lot less headache for the player! As for automatic replenishment of ships, again this is less necessary in Rebirth than in X3 since it's so easy to just order a massive bunch of ships and equip them all properly in the first place :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”