X4-Information from Gamescom

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 19:21

- One of the stories is about getting your HQ

This is the only thing that remotely upsets me, but considering there is no main story line, its a fair trade off, still hoping some things like this, can be modded out!

I am hoping that a lot more info on how the PHQ can be used and how it actually pertains to game play, will be revealed before release! :D

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 19:53

Thanks for the info, and great video - the graphics especially are looking much, much better. The shading has been improved drastically sine the last video correct?
At 5:10 a fighter collides with that (awesome looking) frigate though, which is depressing to be seeing in X4.

What is that sleek fighter we see in it at 6:07? Paranid Perseus?

Also, I see npc's have a running animation? (6:01) I noticed this on an earlier video many months ago too I think.
It might be wishful thinking, but I smell sneaky FPS combat plans...
It is my dream to board a Split capital ship with a team of Boron marines, so heres hoping :) :boron:

And 2 paranid empires? Interesting!

Juggernaut93
x4

Post by Juggernaut93 » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 21:05

Axeface wrote:At 5:10 a fighter collides with that (awesome looking) frigate though, which is depressing to be seeing in X4.
I watched it a couple times up close, but to me it looks like the fighter avoids hitting the frigate just a few meters (?) before colliding, but maybe I'm looking at the wrong fighter :?

AkrionXxarr
x4

Post by AkrionXxarr » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 21:33

Juggernaut93 wrote:
Axeface wrote:At 5:10 a fighter collides with that (awesome looking) frigate though, which is depressing to be seeing in X4.
I watched it a couple times up close, but to me it looks like the fighter avoids hitting the frigate just a few meters (?) before colliding, but maybe I'm looking at the wrong fighter :?
It looks like two fighters...vaguely hit the ship? There's one that comes from the top of the screen and seems to deflect around the ship, and then one that appears to come to a screeching halt in front of the ship and fly off towards the left of the screen after a light bump. Hard to say because it definitely doesn't look like your typical bump from the previous games.

JennerNuwen
x4

Post by JennerNuwen » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 00:14

I'm stoked for the game and can't wait to see more info come out before launch. :)

Someone mentioned missing station interiors from XR... I'd agree that I'd be disappointed if that part of the experience were ditched entirely. I like walking around on stations. The gameplay just has to be done better this time out. :)

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 00:30

Sometimes, you know only rarely, do I get the impression that people just want TOO Much.

Today I have have spent several hours playing an RPG from a very large game company. NPC characters getting stuck in walls. My own character with body parts disappearing into doors, walls, floors. I have not yet played a game that did not experience some graphical glitch, or game bug.

Cut the guys some slack. They do their very best to produce the best game they can. Sometimes, it seems to me that all people can do is pick on the smallest detail as a failure. I watched the video and I just want to play the game as soon as possible.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 00:42

The game isn't available for pre-order and doesn't have a firm release date yet. Why would anyone insist on hard details at this point??

Jase555
x4

Post by Jase555 » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 01:15

I'm just looking forward to the game. Whenever it releases.

Fedora01
x4

Post by Fedora01 » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 01:41

Zloth2 wrote: The game isn't available for pre-order and doesn't have a firm release date yet. Why would anyone insist on hard details at this point??
Gives people something to be salty over, but whatever others think, I plan on buying it as upon release. First time in years I've been hyped for anything really. I've played through my fair share of early access games (Starbound was a mess) and buggy messes (I play Star Trek Online for goodness sake), glitches don't really bug me anymore.
In space no-one can hear you scream unless you're transmitting on the right radio frequency.

It was about this time I realized I might have too many tabs open.

rockelino
x4

The real reason no Borons in this game:

Post by rockelino » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 03:38

Anyone else think it's not a coincidence that "Boron" sound eerily close to "Britain"? The X3 game start "Boring Boron" sounds like pun for "Boring Brit." Like the current British government, Borons do not invest as much in their defense industry (they British military has been significantly downsizing for the last several decades). The real reason Borons aren't in X4 is Brexit! Borons are leaving too!

Of course I'm completely joking and hopefully I did not offend any Boron out there!

CHEERS

Now for real topic: I know that as soon as they announce a release date and open the game for preorder - I'm buying it.

xenapior
x4

Post by xenapior » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 05:05

Surely there is. You can see indoor scenes with large windows in previous videos.
In X-R there's only indoor scenes, but without large windows in any room.
安全第一

LittleBird

Post by LittleBird » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 08:55

Zloth2 wrote:The game isn't available for pre-order and doesn't have a firm release date yet. Why would anyone insist on hard details at this point??
Because the intended release date is this year. Something should be safe to show at this state.
Ich bin für die Einführung von Ironie- und Sarkasmustags.
Alle Klarheiten beseitigt!

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 18:21

LittleBird wrote: Because the intended release date is this year. Something should be safe to show at this state.
I agree. It should be. However it's ultimately their choice to make.

I do also worry about the quality if so many things are still wip and it'll be released this year. But we'll see and I'm confident the support from egosoft will be great.
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 18:52

nemesis1982 wrote:
LittleBird wrote: Because the intended release date is this year. Something should be safe to show at this state.

I do also worry about the quality if so many things are still wip and it'll be released this year. But we'll see and I'm confident the support from egosoft will be great.
I don't know... For what we saw from 2017 videos, they had already a lot of working in game mechanics.
I don't think X4 will be like X Rebirth at its start. Even if they release the game this end of year.
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 21:42

Général Grievous wrote:
nemesis1982 wrote:

I don't know... For what we saw from 2017 videos, they had already a lot of working in game mechanics.
I don't think X4 will be like X Rebirth at its start. Even if they release the game this end of year.

4 months left, I'm guessing a Late November/December release job before Christmas?

X-Rebirth came out End of November, they had a few weeks to patch the game up to a semi-workable state before they broke off for the Holidays.
I'm guessing this will be the same?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 21:57

Friday 21st December looks good.

Work hard, release a bug-free game, enjoy Christmas :P

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 22:09

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Friday 21st December looks good.

Maybe they foreseen the mess Rebirth was going to be on release? Why they released it Late November to get 3 weeks of Patches and player feedback in before the holidays.

I think it'll be another Late November Job, so they have 3 weeks to Fix any serious problems so we have a relatively stable game on release to enjoy through Christmas.
Probably release when i'm on Holiday to Barcelona. My luck! :rofl:
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 22:35

spankahontis wrote:
Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Friday 21st December looks good.

Maybe they foreseen the mess Rebirth was going to be on release? Why they released it Late November to get 3 weeks of Patches and player feedback in before the holidays.

I think it'll be another Late November Job, so they have 3 weeks to Fix any serious problems so we have a relatively stable game on release to enjoy through Christmas.
Probably release when i'm on Holiday to Barcelona. My luck! :rofl:
If they release it in December, then by the end of the holidays there will be an angry mob with torches and pitchforks waiting outside their office. There has to be at least a month after the release for emergency patches and hotfixes.

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Sun, 26. Aug 18, 16:09

I forget but if Rebirth was released with a publisher, then ES might not have had any say in the release date - being forced on them for a Christmas release.

this time, they are in control of their own destiny, so can release when ready.

Mind you, it took them 4 years of dev to produce rebirth in the state it was, I think they spent far too much effort on walking in stations that should have been spent on the space game, making it good.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 26. Aug 18, 19:27

Wasn't 4 it was 7 years for rebirth they said.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Return to “X4: Foundations”