Help configuring my T16000m inputs!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DollopOfCrazy
x4

Help configuring my T16000m inputs!

Post by DollopOfCrazy » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 01:29

I haven't yet moved far from the initial place where I started in the game in the hanger of the Black Hole Sun station. I'm trying to configure my inputs.

I have a T16000m FCS HOTAS. Does anyone have a profile they'd like to share?

I picked the warthog profile to start with and made the stick my first joystick and the throttle my second. As I've been configuring inputs I have some questions which have come to mind so far. Here they are:
  • Why is there both a primary and secondary steering axis?
  • My T16000m is a rudder (twist) action on the stick. Where is the rudder configured in the controls? I suppose I could use this for roll if there is none.
  • I assume strafing up, down, left and right activate the thrusters to move the ship in those directions. Is that correct?
  • What is game pad mode? I assume I don't want it on if I'm using a HOTAS, but I don't know what it does.
  • What is adaptive steering? Is it like flight assist on/off in Elite Dangerous or is it maybe like "relative mode" auto centering?
I'll share my T16000m FCS profile when I get done with it.

Thanks for any help

sirprosik
x4

Re: Help configuring my T16000m inputs!

Post by sirprosik » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 03:51

Hi,

Got my axis to work by going into settings -> Controls -> General then Secondary Steering Axis for Z then Steer up down for Y etc after I loaded the default profile for joystick. Now If I could just get the throttle settings to save lol

OOZ662
x4

Re: Help configuring my T16000m inputs!

Post by OOZ662 » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 07:32

The Controls menu is terribly worded; "Primary" and "Secondary" steering axis are pitch and roll (I don't recall which is which) and "Steer Left/Right" is yaw.

Strafing is the same as in the older games, just seemiungly less powerful (at least in the starting Elite)

Gamepad mode is for when you're using as gamepad...it adjust targeting methods and other things to account for the lack of buttons compared to a joystick and/or keyboard. Adaptive steering swaps the roll and yaw controls for different tasks, as I recall. Both of these are explained in the tutorials found in the Young Gun start by pressing H.

Return to “X4: Foundations”