Muon Charger

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Slashman
x4

Muon Charger

Post by Slashman » Mon, 6. Jul 20, 19:33

So how do you guys feel about Muon chargers on an Osprey?

I mistakenly picked them up for main guns and from what I read they are more anti capital than for fighter offense.

Also if I change them do I get a refund on the chargers toward my new purchase?
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Falcrack
x4

Re: Muon Charger

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 6. Jul 20, 19:35

Slashman wrote:
Mon, 6. Jul 20, 19:33
So how do you guys feel about Muon chargers on an Osprey?

I mistakenly picked them up for main guns and from what I read they are more anti capital than for fighter offense.

Also if I change them do I get a refund on the chargers toward my new purchase?
Changing weapons is easy. You'll get a full refund for the weapon being removed.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 6. Jul 20, 20:05

Falcrack wrote:
Mon, 6. Jul 20, 19:35
You'll get a full refund for the weapon being removed.
If done at a NPC facility. At your own there is no refund, only a discount of up to the used parts on whatever the rest of the order for that ship needs. Parts can be repurposed but they will not be refunded even if the NPC is willing to pay as if they were.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Mon, 6. Jul 20, 22:02

Ah thanks!

Although that doesn't really tell me if the Muon Charger is worth my time.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 12:46

It is a great weapon for battles against larger ships (M/L) but not good against S class ships. If you hit a small ship, it is scrap metal very quickly but hitting it in the first place is difficult and the time taken exposes you to incoming fire.

I always fit a corvette with them, usually Dragon or Nemesis, for cap ship capturing. Use the ship to quickly remove the turrets and shields and get the hull down, then change to a Cobra for boarding - or whatever ship you use as drop ship.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 14:19

KiwiNZ wrote:
Tue, 7. Jul 20, 12:46
It is a great weapon for battles against larger ships (M/L) but not good against S class ships. If you hit a small ship, it is scrap metal very quickly but hitting it in the first place is difficult and the time taken exposes you to incoming fire.

I always fit a corvette with them, usually Dragon or Nemesis, for cap ship capturing. Use the ship to quickly remove the turrets and shields and get the hull down, then change to a Cobra for boarding - or whatever ship you use as drop ship.
Ah I see. Thanks. It's just that I saw several conflicting reports that it was useless, but all of them are from during the beta and nothing else after.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 22:48

They are really bad medicine if you get into a dog fight against a group of S sized ships. You basically then need to use the superior speed of the corvette to do hit and run on them. But for M and L size ships, they are great to shred them fast. Against an I they are no use. Well, good enough to destroy turrets but they cannot really dent the XL shields. So you need a surface element weapon there, e.g. Thermos.

Return to “X4: Foundations”