Ware Delivery priority question (Build Storage)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Ware Delivery priority question (Build Storage)

Post by Scoob » Fri, 5. May 23, 17:04

Hey all,

I have a query regarding how deliveries to Build Sites are prioritised by the AI. This is due to what I'm seeing in my current game:

First, there's MY station, that's been waiting on Hull Parts for many hours to start the build queued at my HQ. Zero Hull Parts have been delivered.
I'm on GOOD terms with all local factions, yet they're just not selling to me (top price offered) I *assumed* due to a general shortage of Hull Parts, which is often the case.

Second, we have an SCA build site, that's being fed AMPLE resources, including Hull Parts. This station build began AFTER mine.
SCA are generally disliked by most factions, yet their build site is getting regular deliveries, whereas mine is not.

I now Faction prices will change based on player reputation, and obviously they''ll STOP selling if we become foes. However, what about Faction vs. Faction trading? SCA are generally disliked but neutral - until they do something "Piratey" so to speak. However, I'd have thought, from a Faction's perspective, they'd rather be providing resources to an ALLY than a some-time foe but at best marginally disliked faction like SCA. TEL are an exception of course, but the local factions of ARG, ANT, HOP and PAR all rather like me.

My thought was that perhaps as the Factions LIKE me, I get a slight discount, whereas they somewhat dislike SCA so they have to pay more. Aka, from a pure profit perspective, selling to SCA makes more sense. Now, I know that money isn't a thing for factions, but the best profit default trade rule perhaps still applies to such transactions right?

Just wanting to understand why an SCA build site is being fed resources preferentially over my build site.

Return to “X4: Foundations”