A weird map bug? The map where my HQ is suddenly got cropped - WAI

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sevenscales
x4

A weird map bug? The map where my HQ is suddenly got cropped - WAI

Post by sevenscales » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 02:22

Before:
https://i.imgur.com/nr2SOv1.png
After:
https://i.imgur.com/SMzWSSp.png

I think it happened while i let my game run for 3-4 hours afk, and the pc when to sleep.
Or i pressed some unknown hotkeys?

I'm playing in 7.00 beta 2

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by CBJ on Wed, 17. Apr 24, 02:48, edited 1 time in total.

zakaluka

Re: A weird map bug? The map where my HQ is suddenly got cropped

Post by zakaluka » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 02:38

what is the radius of the displayed area, out to the corners? Check this by setting an explore order in the sector and changing radius manually.

If the current display area has a radius of about 210 km, this is intended, not a bug. When you fly outside the hex boundary, your map's scaling reduces so that everything you need to see shrinks & fits inside the hex. After a while, I don't remember what triggers it, your map reverts to its default scaling.

I recall when this was first introduced - was it CoH? before zoom reverted, you could make the map useless by accidentally setting your personal ship flying in a straight line and letting it fly too far. The map would zoom out continually until the sector core was tiny and invisible. Not useful.

sevenscales
x4

Re: A weird map bug? The map where my HQ is suddenly got cropped

Post by sevenscales » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 04:48

zakaluka wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 24, 02:38
what is the radius of the displayed area, out to the corners? Check this by setting an explore order in the sector and changing radius manually.

If the current display area has a radius of about 210 km, this is intended, not a bug. When you fly outside the hex boundary, your map's scaling reduces so that everything you need to see shrinks & fits inside the hex. After a while, I don't remember what triggers it, your map reverts to its default scaling.

I recall when this was first introduced - was it CoH? before zoom reverted, you could make the map useless by accidentally setting your personal ship flying in a straight line and letting it fly too far. The map would zoom out continually until the sector core was tiny and invisible. Not useful.
I just checked yeah it's about 210km and i few one of my ship out the map increased back up again. Thanks!!

Return to “X4: Foundations”