Repair/Resupply station modules - Clarification

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

donzi
x4

Repair/Resupply station modules - Clarification

Post by donzi » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 22:45

I noticed that my station used a normal dock for repair/resupply of a S ship.. (vanilla game build 529848, no active extensions)

I've never/hardly ever made my own shipyard/wharf type station so I'm a bit ignorant of the nuances of such stations.

My first thought was that I didn't want/like NPC using my new S/M repair dock for trades, which AFAIK would potentially present queues and slowdowns if I were to want to send a quantity of ships for repair.

It hadn't occurred to me that once the module is in place that all docking points perhaps become repair (and in the case of S/M ships, construction capable?) docks.

..is this use of any S/M dock for repair/resupply WAI so that mass S/M ship repairs aren't as simple to queue/slowdown the request?

The gist of it is, I don't have enough experience to identify a bug from design with these modules and NPC/AI, etc.

Thanks!

Buck
x4

Re: Repair/Resupply station modules - Clarification

Post by Buck » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 16:40

Its always been that way.
I've had 24 M docks & a dozen S docks & they still block the Repair/ Upgrade (Blue) & Build (Yellow) docks.
It should have been addressed long ago
There are so many base game things that have never been fixed.

3,000 + hours X4 Player
20 years of X-Game play :wink:

donzi
x4

Re: Repair/Resupply station modules - Clarification

Post by donzi » Thu, 2. May 24, 00:13

Thanks for the confirmation Buck!

I may misunderstand.. do you mean that NPC blocking the repair/resupply module landing pads -is- a problem?

I got the idea what I was seeing (all docks become maint) was 'normal', but this is probably the first shipyard I've ever built in X4.

It would be kind of nice to have granular control of them in any event. Prevent NPC from using some dock modules, etc.

Since I've added a S/M fabrication I've not watched that too much, but it seems that module remains dedicated as the construction module -- all the NPC orders that piled up come from that one module.

I'm guessing a L or XL fab module will remain a unique construction spot and not magically make L/XL repair modules also builders..?

Return to “X4: Foundations”