which sectors for mining and shipyard

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ageansnowfly
x4

which sectors for mining and shipyard

Post by Ageansnowfly » Wed, 8. May 24, 19:47

Hi new to the game and I have two simple questions
1. which sectors beside argon prime are good for automining with less enemy contact to expect.
2. Where to place the HQ which will be also Shipyard and Wharf. i mean which sectors are good to cover npc demand. I was thinking of second contract but forum reading show a lot of xenon khaak to expect

thanks folks great game by the way İm playing v6.2
CPU Ryzen 5 7600x
Graphics RX 7800XT
RAM DDR5 32 GB
my modlist https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SaV2K8 ... drive_link

Koizuki

Re: which sectors for mining and shipyard

Post by Koizuki » Wed, 8. May 24, 20:05

For your first question, it depends on what you are trying to mine for, because different sectors have different quantities of each resource, but there are a few usually good ones including the Grand Exchange cluster, Eighteen Billion, and Pious Mists. You can check something like this page or their interactive map to see where the resources are.

For your second question, you can kind of place it wherever you want; you're not limited to just one shipyard either, I believe, so you could just build multiple if you want them closer to each faction. Otherwise, some people's HQ's are simply wherever they are terraforming, and some just sit them in the neutral sectors of Nopileos' Fortune or Heretic's End. I think the factions can still purchase ships from you no matter where it is (I can't confirm personally though, since I've restricted everyone else from being able to buy ships from me.)

Ageansnowfly
x4

Post by Ageansnowfly » Thu, 9. May 24, 00:25

Koizuki wrote:
Wed, 8. May 24, 20:05
For your first question, it depends on what you are trying to mine for, because different sectors have different quantities of each resource, but there are a few usually good ones including the Grand Exchange cluster, Eighteen Billion, and Pious Mists. You can check something like this page or their interactive map to see where the resources are.

For your second question, you can kind of place it wherever you want; you're not limited to just one shipyard either, I believe, so you could just build multiple if you want them closer to each faction. Otherwise, some people's HQ's are simply wherever they are terraforming, and some just sit them in the neutral sectors of Nopileos' Fortune or Heretic's End. I think the factions can still purchase ships from you no matter where it is (I can't confirm personally though, since I've restricted everyone else from being able to buy ships from me.)
thanks for the response
oh why did you restricted the factions dont you want to make some money for your empire
Last edited by Ageansnowfly on Thu, 9. May 24, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.
CPU Ryzen 5 7600x
Graphics RX 7800XT
RAM DDR5 32 GB
my modlist https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SaV2K8 ... drive_link

Koizuki

Post by Koizuki » Thu, 9. May 24, 00:31

Ageansnowfly wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 00:25
oh why did you restricted the factions dont you make some money for your empire
Mostly because it's not as profitable. You still get money, but apparently, at some point before I started playing this game there was some sort of balance patch that reduced the prices the factions pay for ships being built at your shipyard because it was a bit too crazy of a moneymaker or something.

Post-patch I think it was more profitable to just sell the components to them instead and let them build their own ships? I don't quite remember, but it does also have the added benefit of allowing me to control ware levels at my shipyard/HQ because it's not being completely sucked dry constantly by the AI factions, so I can simply build whatever I want any time I need to, or simply let things stockpile for a terraforming mission. Any excess go to my network of Trade Stations that do sell all the components to NPC's if necessary, so I still have a decent stream of income.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Thu, 9. May 24, 00:37

?? I'm making lots of cash from Split and Argon building at my shipyard/wharf. They fly out, destroy each other, then buy more ships! (Can you say "war profiteering" boys and girls?)

I did block the Yaki from building, though. My station isn't totally self-sufficient, and they would keep pirating the ships coming in to sell stuff to me.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Koizuki

Post by Koizuki » Thu, 9. May 24, 01:15

It's not that you don't make any money from the shipyard anymore, but just less.

For example (pulling random numbers here) if a ship used to sell for 1 million, now the AI will buy and you get like 300k or something. It's still money, but the components used to build that ship might've sold for much more than 300k in that case.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 9. May 24, 10:01

Koizuki wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 00:31
Mostly because it's not as profitable. You still get money, but apparently, at some point before I started playing this game there was some sort of balance patch that reduced the prices the factions pay for ships being built at your shipyard because it was a bit too crazy of a moneymaker or something.
Crazy is somewhat understating it. Shipyard in my 3.0 game was making around 100 million per hour selling to just 2 factions at 50% prices, all those credits flooding in completely automatically. Made all other sources of credits essentially pointless. Not much point sending a freighter off on a trade run when the shipyard's made at least 10x the profit before that ship has even reached the first gate on it's journey. Thoroughly enjoyed building that shipyard but my enjoyment of the game was significantly diminished when it started operating. Restarted the game shortly thereafter & have not buit a shipyard which sells to the factions in any subsequent games.

As for the main topic of the thread, tend to put my HQ in one of the terraforming sectors because I consider the training facilities for pilots & marines to be absolutely invaluable. I supply my HQ & other stations from mining outposts in/near resource rich sectors. I use L miners to do the mining (because they're Kha'ak-proof) & M miners to transport resources from the mining outposts to HQ & production stations (M miners so they use entirely separate docks at the mining outposts & never have to wait for an L miner to undock before they can load up).

Koizuki

Post by Koizuki » Fri, 10. May 24, 03:13

Yeah, that was the common reasoning I saw in support of the nerf in the various threads I saw complaining about the issue back when I was looking up information about it.
The argument against it, of course, was that it was a single player game so it was a dumb change just to slow the rate of income since it'd be effectively infinite income either way.

I'm honestly fine with it since I don't mind just selling the raw components instead.

Return to “X4: Foundations”