The soundtracks are amazing and i want to hear all of the songs in game.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Omni-Orb
x4

The soundtracks are amazing and i want to hear all of the songs in game.

Post by Omni-Orb » Thu, 9. May 24, 08:53

Hello. I want to hear all the songs of all the soundtracks in game. I am listening to them now through steam and its amazing. However it reminds me that with my 10000 hours in game I think I mostly hear the same 5-8 songs somehow.

In the steam soundtracks there are 108 songs.

Can someone explain the song system to me. If I understood correctly in X3 each sector had its own song. How does it work with x4. Is it the same? Am I simply staying in the same sectors mostly?

Thank you :)
Credence follow stars.

Zloth2
x4

Re: The soundtracks are amazing and i want to hear all of the songs in game.

Post by Zloth2 » Fri, 10. May 24, 02:24

I think a lot of them are sector bound. Kingdom End doesn't play until you get past the Sanctuary of Darkness, for instance. Terran military marches play in Terran space.

Some of them are situational. Battle songs are a good example of that. There might be some that play as part of individual starts, but I don't remember for sure.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 10. May 24, 05:36

There can be several different songs per sector, but usually they are clustered according to a region. So the Split songs will play in Split sectors, Boron songs in Boron sectors, etc. So if you want to hear all the songs in the game, just visit all the different regions.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sun, 12. May 24, 17:35

Zloth2 wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 02:24
I think a lot of them are sector bound. Kingdom End doesn't play until you get past the Sanctuary of Darkness, for instance. Terran military marches play in Terran space.

Some of them are situational. Battle songs are a good example of that. There might be some that play as part of individual starts, but I don't remember for sure.
Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 10. May 24, 05:36
There can be several different songs per sector, but usually they are clustered according to a region. So the Split songs will play in Split sectors, Boron songs in Boron sectors, etc. So if you want to hear all the songs in the game, just visit all the different regions.
This explains it, so songs from each DLC soundtrack is in each DLC area. That might explain that i hear the original soundtrack the Foundations soundtrack well over 30 times more than the rest of them if it plays in all the original Foundations sectors since that seems to be where i have been mostly even with all the DLC.
Credence follow stars.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Mon, 13. May 24, 21:36

"Be careful what you wish for... punk." Some music wasn't made for background. There is a track already for normal gameplay when the notes get ever louder. The same effect as the frog in the warm water wont jump out until it is late and the water is boiling. NFS U2 had an option about music. Menus, free roam, racing checkbox for each song.
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Nerwesta

Post by Nerwesta » Mon, 13. May 24, 21:59

I would add the combat soundtrack is most definitely the biggest mystery to me.
I really don't know the variables involved to kick a certain song, it doesn't look like it's sector-bound. I know for certain that issue because I bought the DLCs afterhand, after a mere hundred of hours on vanilla X4.
As soon as I bought some DLCs the combat music changed from Vanilla X4 to whichever was the DLC I bought.
Then I took Avarice and Split, and the combat music changed too ( like occuring 70% of the time, essentially hiding the other songs )

To the point that I practically forgot about the vanilla X4 combat music - I recently listened to it via Youtube or some very old videos I made ... it was weird. :?

EDIT : I wish we could fine-grain & tune these settings, because as OP said, it gets boring very quickly while doing a game around Argon or simply vanilla sectors. I don't hear Borons OST that much either, and those ones are magnificient.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 13. May 24, 23:16

Precisely why I keep the in-game music muted & listen to the soundtracks instead. Means if I want to listen to e.g. Boron music I can hear it anywhere & it doesn't get disrupted by combat music every time a hostile flies near.

Daemonjax
x4

Post by Daemonjax » Wed, 15. May 24, 13:48

I don't like how the music abruptly starts/stops when undocking/docking. It should fade in/out. It shouldn't be hard to implement, and the fade duration (in seconds, floating point, with 1 decimal place of precision) could be configurable in sound settings (but a static value around 3 seconds would be fine, too).

thegreybetween
x4

Post by thegreybetween » Wed, 15. May 24, 18:47

Daemonjax wrote:
Wed, 15. May 24, 13:48
I don't like how the music abruptly starts/stops when undocking/docking. It should fade in/out. It shouldn't be hard to implement, and the fade duration (in seconds, floating point, with 1 decimal place of precision) could be configurable in sound settings (but a static value around 3 seconds would be fine, too).
I actually do like the hard stop. It reminds me of listening to tunes in the car. When you get to your destination, you turn off the engine and the music hard-stops. This kinda gives a station landing the same "Ok, we're here." trigger.

Return to “X4: Foundations”