Feature request: Managers could shift storage between main and build storage

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr.Killer
x4

Feature request: Managers could shift storage between main and build storage

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 9. May 24, 12:29

As weird as it might be, I was adding a few production units to my station to spike up the production, because manager allows products to go to shipbuilding instead of the research it needed so hard, why can't the manager shift, lets say from over a million of energy cells to build storage where 2000 are being asked? Why do I have to take a cargo ship, dock, transfer, undock and dock on build storage to just move a bit of cargo? Why can't the manager do this? When building is complete, shift everything that is left in build storage back into main storage. Is this a weird question? Like inventing the weel over and over again..... Well, not exactly, but I hope you know what I mean. :)
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Re: Feature request: Managers could shift storage between main and build storage

Post by gbjbaanb » Sat, 11. May 24, 23:34

I think they do - except the buy and sell orders have to be correct price. The station manager will sell products elsewhere if they can get a better price than the build storage is offering (ie the same default price).

I have seen a station that had way too many energy cells that I manually set to sell cheap "sell" them to the build storage. You have to give money to it though, or they won't just transfer, or buy any from 3rd parties IIRC.

Return to “X4: Foundations”