Help, I don't understand, please help me out - Explained.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr.Killer
x4

Help, I don't understand, please help me out - Explained.

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 9. May 24, 16:47

I made specifically for the surrounding need of stations, a well armed Solar Power plant, it produces energycells, and only energycells. The plant is named therefor Solar Power plant.
So how come in "Logical Station Overview" the 'select trade wares' is deprived of the option SolarCells, so not so logical in my opinion, but why?

I never bothered doing anything there, but now coincidental I ran up to this and asking myself, why can't I select EnergyCells? I do not need anything else that the manager can ask, so, is this option an extra thing to ask traders for mercandise? because if it is stuff to sell, then it needs to be on the station and must therefor being produced to sell, like the E-cells..
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0md26er7 ... 8xw8f&dl=0
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Help, I don't understand, please help me out

Post by CBJ » Thu, 9. May 24, 17:52

Trade wares are additional wares that the station trades in, that are not involved in production either as a resource or as a product.

Mr.Killer
x4

Re: Help, I don't understand, please help me out - Explained.

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 15. May 24, 09:40

Thanks CBJ, this means that if I dump there some other wares on a regular base, I could use that option?
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

charlie1024
x4

Post by charlie1024 » Wed, 15. May 24, 09:49

Mr.Killer wrote:
Wed, 15. May 24, 09:40
Thanks CBJ, this means that if I dump there some other wares on a regular base, I could use that option?
What you said is exactly what Trade Station does. For the factory(even if the production is energy cell, it's actually a factory), afaik production is not 'selectable to trade'. Even if that's able, then you just accumulate all the productions, what's any meaning?

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 15. May 24, 10:20

Mr.Killer wrote:
Wed, 15. May 24, 09:40
Frequently do that in my games. For example, sometimes my mining outposts also produce energy cells, so my production stations are supplied with all of their basic resources from the same locations. Energy cells automatically get their config section on logical station overview (because they're made by the station), whereas mined resources need to be manually added as trade goods (since there is no demand for such resources by the station itself).

Return to “X4: Foundations”