[7B5][Suggestion] Capital ships reversing while firing their main batteries

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SirLosealot
x4

[7B5][Suggestion] Capital ships reversing while firing their main batteries

Post by SirLosealot » Fri, 10. May 24, 15:06

Hey people,

I think this has been said before. But while checking out the capital ships vs Xenon capital ships behavior in 7.00 beta 5, I still saw that my destroyers like to keep a minimum distance with the enemy in order to fire their main batteries. The problem is once the Xenon capitals were closing in because their turrets' range are short, my destroyers turned around and flee. I think they did it to trying to regain the minimum distance before they can fire their batteries again which wasting precious time not killing the enemy as fast as possible.

But a better approach would be forget about the distance, just keep firing their main batteries while moving backwards. In fact, I have never seen the AI reverse their ships :lol: . Can this be the solution for the capital ships AI? Or does any body have a better idea?

Falcrack
x4

Re: [7B5][Suggestion] Capital ships reversing while firing their main batteries

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 10. May 24, 16:18

It's what a player would do. But for whatever reason the AI seem incapable of it.

Return to “X4: Foundations”