[6.2] Station Design Simulator Issue - missing blueprints. - explained

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fleabum
x4

[6.2] Station Design Simulator Issue - missing blueprints. - explained

Post by Fleabum » Thu, 8. Feb 24, 17:31

Howdee Devs,

I have an issue with my Home base, whereas in the Plan Build staton mode I can not select many of the already designed and built modules.

To try and find the cause of the issue I exported the plan as an .xml (over 12000 lines!) to import into the Station Design Simulator (SDS). This is where I encountered this new issue.

The SDS does not have all the modules that are available in the main game, which means I can not import the .xml plan into the SDS to edit and try to troubleshoot where the issue lies in my main game home base.

The error in SDS is "This construction plan cannot be built due to unavailable blueprints. S/M Ventrue Sendoff Dock & Venture Platform. Not enough copies left in venture inventory. Venture Platform & S/M Venture Sendoff Dock"
Screenshot:

Is it possible the SDS can have these parts added so it can be fully utilised as per the main game base designs? Thanks.

**Also, I might have to raise a seperate post about the Home Base and the issue not being able to select modules to delete/move if I can't get to the bottom of it in the SDS.

Regards
Flea

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.2] Station Design Simulator Issue - missing blueprints.

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 8. Feb 24, 18:05

Looks like your design includes venture modules that have been disabled in-game. The design should work without those.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Fleabum
x4

Post by Fleabum » Thu, 8. Feb 24, 18:16

Thanks Alan,

Thanks for your post. But, if you read my final comments at the bottom of the post you would realise I know why it's happening, hense asking the devs to include the venture modules in the SDS system. It is incomplete without them.

Also in my particular case, when you are trying to load in an existing station plan from an active game that has them already, it does not help knowing why its happening especially if you can not remove modules in the main game due to some issue/bug. I could start delving into a 12000 line .xml file and rip out the modules, but should I really be expected to do this? :D

Regards
Flea

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 8. Feb 24, 18:24

Fleabum wrote:
Thu, 8. Feb 24, 18:16
hense asking the devs to include the venture modules in the SDS system. It is incomplete without them.
The way this works is that the SDS unlocks only things that are "allowed" to be used in normal game. So anything that is tied to a system that blocks normal access to a blueprint it wont be unlocked. This is true for mission objects or unique blueprints such as the venture Blueprints. We may have a look at it, but its not very likely to change, at least in near future.

MFG

Ketraar

Fleabum
x4

Re: [6.2] Station Design Simulator Issue - missing blueprints. - explained

Post by Fleabum » Thu, 8. Feb 24, 20:36

Thanks for the explanation Ketraar.

It's a shame it works this way as it's not a true full SDS then, more of limited single player (non online) only SDS...

I guess in this case as I can do no further testing SDS as its not compatible with my game as its using venture features, I will have to make another post about not being able to select existing modules in the station plan design in my existing game, maybe with a copy of the station xml, the full save is 190mb so not really feasible to upload.

Regards
Flea

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 9. Feb 24, 00:07

Well if you load the save where that station is already built you can remove the related modules and export your station plan from there, then it should load in SDS.

MFG

Ketaar

Fleabum
x4

Post by Fleabum » Sat, 10. Feb 24, 19:16

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's part of the issue, I can't select certain modules on the station (to either move or remove), and the venture parts are included in these, maybe about 150ish modules are just unselectable.

I did manage to find a way so select the bugged modules near the main station, but it also selected the Research Station main module and it removed that as well. Home base looked weird without the central structure. Lucky I saved before trying it. :D

Regards
Flea

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 10. Feb 24, 21:30

Why can't you just dismantle in place the unwanted modules in the build plan of the station that has them and without trying to move them (which might be difficult in a huge and complex station)? Please show a screenshot of that specific problem in the build plan as that sounds like a (further?) bug should your game be vanilla and the installation verified.

It may leave some connection gaps in the station if it works and you can't move things about to conceal them though. The station probably won't mind though. :wink:

Fleabum
x4

Post by Fleabum » Sat, 10. Feb 24, 22:01

Howdee,

Alan, I can't describe it any other way than you move the mouse over one module it highlights, you can click on it and remove/move just as modules should. You move the mouse over another (bugged) module and it does not highlight, you can't left click on it to select it, you can't get the interact menu menu up with a right click, hense you can't delete or move it.

In this picture these are two container storage modules right next to one another, as you can see in the 1st part of the picture (on the left) it highlights the left one of the two storage modules fine, in the 2nd part of the picture (on the right) the mouse has been moved to the next storage container on the right, it does not highlight... that entire stack of 11 storage modules are bugged and so are the 50 or so storage modules to the right of this stack.
https://i.imgur.com/XhKYpsq.png

Hope this helps explain it a little.

ps. Link to the station plan xml code.

Regards
Flea
Last edited by CBJ on Sun, 11. Feb 24, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oversized image replaced with link

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 11. Feb 24, 11:14

Thanks for the clear explanation. Hopefully the devs will look at this and see if it is something inbuilt such as a code limitation in the number of modules that the game facility can separately identify/handle.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”