Unauthorized kills and police scans

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dd2331d
x4

Unauthorized kills and police scans

Post by dd2331d » Wed, 14. Feb 24, 02:57

Hey,
I'm attempting to follow the format as well as I can.

Version 6.20(511811) English
Not modified in any way
Project Genesis game start
What I was doing at the time; afk bankstanding in my HQ personal office at black hole sun.

The problem; TER Police Kukri somehow finding contraband on a trader assigned to a station...of which said trader doesn't have any.
In the save files linked you can check through property owned - ships with inventory that any ships that could have contraband (primarly my repeat order - deposit inventory ships) are
nowhere near Venus to begin wtih, yet this police kukri just happened to find contraband on a trader that has none, especially given my global setting to contraband is ignore, again, the loot collectors are exempt.
Which in turn, for some reason, caused the Tokyo near it, which most likely was set to defend position on or near my mess of a station, to turn hostile, after which it's subordinate ships proceed to get mowed down.
I did do my due dilligence and double checked it but both the "ships with inventory" list or the ship last scanned in that sector (Frog -VPD-928), confirmed that there were no inventory items present within at least
5 sectors of the scan itself, I even talked with the captain of said ship and no surprise "hand me your inventory" dialogue popped up.

The thread is primarily about this occurence but besides that I've still been getting infrequent unauthorized kill rep losses for no reason, including on "unknown ships" out of nowhere. Even though the rep itself is regained almost
instantly again through trades, the logbook would do well to state as to why and where it happened.
Especially taking into account that nothing gets rendered OOS so that rules out my defence stations friendly firing (no actual projectiles get rendered, given it's basically just a DPS-check against whatever hostile there may be as far as I know).
If that wasn't the case, I would've most likely gone into the negatives rep wise real quick given the absolute mess defence-station wise I created at the gate leading to tharkas cascade XV.

And on a sidenote which might be relevant, the "attack against this station, suffer the consequences" speech also happened about a dozen times and I'm just sitting there in my earth afker ship with SETA thinking "Yes...but what did I do?"
Perhaps long saves, or in the very least this being my longest save at 16D05h, things tend to go wrong with how many ships and stations you'll eventually end up with.

The autosave is before it happened, granted it's about half an hour before it happened and the quicksave during it happening. Big timegap in between, I'm aware. And it's not even guaranteed it'll happen again.
Save files;

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/1y2ajzl6 ... d8hnd&dl=0

Regards,

DD2331D

As an after thought (edit);
All things considered, it is kind of funny how a single police scan can unfold into an entire tokyo carrier and it's docked ships to go absolutely nuts, even if anything were found, the A.I police in this game is the equivalent of calling in both the national guard, every army branch and launched nuclear missiles simultaniously just because that one person jaywalked, yes, the police mechanic itself needs some tweaking, there is no need to get military fleets involved in police scans unless shots are literally being fired.

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Unauthorized kills and police scans

Post by Tranxalive » Mon, 26. Feb 24, 15:55

I was unable to reproduce the issue. The issue may be fixed, or it just didn't happen again. If you can, please try to get a save right before the issue happens.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Re: Unauthorized kills and police scans

Post by rudi_pioneer » Tue, 27. Feb 24, 17:46

It’s this issue, notoriously hard to reproduce: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=459730&p=5213591#p5213591

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”