Bug Report: In system AI mining drones are not deploying

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sp0ngeB0b
x4

Bug Report: In system AI mining drones are not deploying

Post by Sp0ngeB0b » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 14:01

My large mineral mining ships piloted by the AI in system are not sending out their mining drones to collect silicon. Sometimes a single mining drone will be used.

This appears to be unique to only silicon because the same ship will send out all available mining drones to collect both ore and ice. I have replicated this issue for the Teladi, Terran, and Split large miners respectively.

Spear of the patriarch game start save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aRJ56p ... CK-YN/view
My Terran Cadet and Project Genesis game starts also experience the same issue (I have no other game starts).

My game version is 6.20.0.0. The problem still persists in the 7.0 Beta version.

I have never downloaded any mods.

To replicate the bug any L-Miner can be sent to mine. Observe the Miner by watching it in system.

It appears that I am not the only one who has experienced these problems in the past:
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=453356&p=5171242#p5171242
viewtopic.php?t=436870

Sp0ngeB0b
x4

Re: Bug Report: In system AI mining drones are not deploying

Post by Sp0ngeB0b » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 14:30

Update:
From the discussion I was having on this topic in the general English forum (viewtopic.php?f=146&t=460764&p=5220544#p5220544) it appears this problem stems from having too low of a crew level.
If this is the case it seems to me to be unintuitive with the current crew level system being rather untransparent as to what the crew level actually does. Especially if the ai does launch mining drones for the other mineral types (ore and ice).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”