[7.00 BETA 3] X4 Foundations Bug Exposed: In-Sector vs. Out-of-Sector AI Combat

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

brunocasado

[7.00 BETA 3] X4 Foundations Bug Exposed: In-Sector vs. Out-of-Sector AI Combat

Post by brunocasado » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 03:55

Video to show differences between in-sector and out sector dogfight

video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5UPjFNC8ac

I think this is a bug.

thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [7.00 BETA 3] X4 Foundations Bug Exposed: In-Sector vs. Out-of-Sector AI Combat

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 09:08

Hi, the devs cannot investigate anything like that from a video but would need a link to a vanilla save. Please also describe what you think is behaving too differently or going wrong as different devs work on different aspects of combat and they will not all watch the video to see if it is relevant to them.

Moving from Tech Sp to the Beta forum too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

brunocasado

Re: [7.00 BETA 3] X4 Foundations Bug Exposed: In-Sector vs. Out-of-Sector AI Combat

Post by brunocasado » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 00:45

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 26. Apr 24, 09:08
Hi, the devs cannot investigate anything like that from a video but would need a link to a vanilla save. Please also describe what you think is behaving too differently or going wrong as different devs work on different aspects of combat and they will not all watch the video to see if it is relevant to them.

Moving from Tech Sp to the Beta forum too.
i will provide the save file to them but hey. I am a developer too and this is their job or at least the QA team.

I think your answer is rude and to me is clearly in the video that this game has a problem. I don' t need even to mention that this is well know by the community.

I don´t need to describe because i am showing proofs that it isn´t working as intended. Sorry.

To me, this is a unacceptable answer. I lose time recording this video.

Boronenkumpel
x4

Post by Boronenkumpel » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 19:39

Hi brunocasado,

in sector (IS) combat and out of sector (OOS) are handled entirely differently (on purpose, you CPU is rather grateful for it).

However, watching the video i see that the fighters are far to tacit in engaging that target OOS, and get way more aggressive IS.
I have seen similar behaviour in various situations, but not to that extreme. That does indeed not look right

Now, on another note:
would it have hurt you to type that one sentence (vast difference in aggression level IS vs OOS)?
@Alan Phipps was never rude to you, he simply pointed out that bug reports in video form are not feasible,
something you as a developer know full well (take a look at the number of Posts and topics flowing into the Beta Feedback forum right now and imagine all of them being videos...).
A Video can serve as useful supporting evidence when tracking or describing a bug, but never as a substitution for a helpful description.

Launching into rants and accusing others of something they never did ist not productive, and does not get your bug fixed any sooner.

Greetings,
A fellow software developer
Religious wars happen when grown-ups start quarreling about who has the coolest imaginary friend

RIP XOA

brunocasado

Post by brunocasado » Wed, 1. May 24, 02:00

Hello,

First of all, I want to apologies for the rant.

I love X4 and my original purpose was to provide some evidence of the problem.

I just twisted feelings here, even though I thought that the video shows evidences enough of the problem.

regardless of this problem, i want to thank you for the response. I have provided the save game, and i hope that it can help you find the problem.

best regards

Pimpace
x4

Post by Pimpace » Wed, 1. May 24, 11:39

I noticed this strange behavior too. Same way the OOS and IS fight handled differently. I mean for the aspect of the outcome of the fight. I know that the logic behind OOS and IS activity are different, but definitely this behavior need an attention.
For my tests, in OOS 4 S fighter attacking an Khaak medium fighter took 10+ minutes which is ridiculous. While the opposite, same fight in IS tooke seconds. (without player intervention of course) What I'm trying to say that in pre 7.0 fights between OOS and IS was much more balanced. I hope you can find the problem with @bruno's save-file!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”