Encylopedia information missing, Trader Missing

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Legionnaire
x4

Encylopedia information missing, Trader Missing

Post by Legionnaire » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 18:54

When i go into the Encylopedia, a lot of items have stats, but their descriptive flavout text is missing, Not sure if this is meant or not. Whats the difference between Mark 1 Docking Computer and Mark 2 docking computer.

I was looking for a Tutorial on how to scan 100% of a station, but ended up settling for the one that teaches you to trade on Platform. It has set me the task of finding a Trader on the Platform. sometimes as i move around it randomly teleports me back into my ship. Ive tried circuits around every access part i can see, no Trader. If i go to a Lift it shows me theres a Trader around, apparently on same part of the platform as my docked ship but I have spent 20 minutes searching at the Ore refinery, and am starting to think that the Trader is a Figment of the Lifts imagination.

I was also told game supported Tobii Eye Tracking in a stream, but havent been able to find this. Was i told correctly or incorrectly?

Currently thats it
Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Encylopedia information missing, Trader Missing

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 19:10

The "no information available" message is not a bug. Descriptive text is something we'd like to expand upon. We thought we'd provided it for all the cases where it's needed for information purposes, i.e. where the statistical data doesn't indicate the differences, but it's possible we missed some. If so then we will prioritise adding these over others where it's just background information.

Regarding Tobii, I'm not sure who told you that but it's not correct. We don't currently have support for that, but we may well look into adding it later.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 19:59

Tobii Support Would be nice, but it isnt necessary.

Where can you find the Difference between Docking Comp Mk1 and Mk2?

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 20:26

The difference between the two is the distance from the dock at which it takes over the docking procedure.

Knightdark
x4

Post by Knightdark » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 00:36

I don't know if it is so in every location, but in the location I was in, the trader was not on the level where you land.You need to use the lift and go to a different location. (can't remember the name.) It's not engineering though I think. I agree with one thing though, the tutorials needs to be urgently improved. Detection on when you do what you're supposed to do and more help, like the tutorial where you're supposed to find that signal. Maybe it''s just me, but I just can't seem to find it and end up aborting the tutorial. Also, it would be nice to have a 'completed' tag when you complete a tutorial.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”