Game Crashed Auto Save is not working

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Omexo
x4

Game Crashed Auto Save is not working

Post by Omexo » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 00:26

I was docked in a station, and was looking at the map then other menus and then the game crashed. I rebooted only to find that there are no auto saves.. i checked settings yep autosave definatly turned on yet no auto saves just a quicksave from 2 hours ago... I have landed on multiple stations since starting the game yet not a single autosave was performed in the 4 hours of play...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Game Crashed Auto Save is not working

Post by CBJ » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 00:34

Are you sure you haven't just switched off autosave in the game options?

Omexo
x4

Post by Omexo » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 00:50

am i sure that I clicked it on when I first loaded the game because it was off by default in previous X games, then immediately checked if it was still on and in the options is sure enough says ON yes, yes I am sure, in fact I have landed at 2 seperate stations now to test it and still no autosave.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 00:55

Having the same issue, 3 hour wiped put because i thought autosave was activated. When it happent, i went in option and it was in fact ser to true, but not working.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 01:01

That's very odd, but I do have an idea. Could you try excluding your game save folder from your antivirus? AV software can prevent saving from working on the first attempt, and was in fact the cause of the crash that we fixed as part of the hotfix. With the fix in place, the effect could be the save simply failing, and excluding the save folder from the AV's control may solve it.

Omexo
x4

Post by Omexo » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 01:14

my virus scanner isnt running, i turned it off before i even launched the game, it has yet to even see it so its not that

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 01:21

The next step will probably be to take a look at one of your savegames. Could you upload one somewhere and PM me a link?

Flic
x3

Post by Flic » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 01:51

Auto save seems to be intermittently working for me. I'm not exactly sure what should trigger an autosave. I got autosaved when I went through a highway thingie for the first time, but I've been through several since and no save has occurred I've also docked since then actually (I'm assuming that should also trigger a save?). I just got a CTD (which seemed to be the result of me requesting docking permission with a station), rebooted and found I was all the way back to that initial autosave. It's a shame I lost that progress, I was doing quite a cool mission.

I just tried disabling and then re-enabling the autosave option in the settings then flew through some highways and docked and no save.

EDIT: I checked my config XML file and autosave is definitely true

Cyres
x4

Post by Cyres » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 02:31

I don't think this is related to the autosave. I have random CTD when saving my game, which is super annoying.

Great Job on X4 anyway!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”