Laptops with Integrated Graphics

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lancing99
x4

Laptops with Integrated Graphics

Post by lancing99 » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 01:09

I know this issue has been brought up but is there an ETA on a fix for laptops with integrated graphics since the game is currently not possible to play on these systems.

The one solution I have seen offered is to disabled the discreet Intel integrated graphics chipset.

The problem is on some laptops that is actually not possible since the Nvidia gpu is software slaved to the intel chip and you can't launch the game at all without it.

What I'm looking for here is a a rough patch ETA for allowing graphics chipset selection.

Thanks.

Tycow
x4

Re: Laptops with Integrated Graphics

Post by Tycow » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 02:40

Hi lancing99,

Have you tried forcing use of your nvidia GPU through the nvidia control panel?

I have the same issue on my laptop (the game shows the Intel 630 under DISPLAY ADAPTER, however the nvidia control panel definitely shows x4.exe using the nvidia GPU). If you haven't this is how you do it:
  • 1) Right click on empty desktop, and select "NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL".
    2) Go to "MANAGE 3D SETTINGS", then select the "PROGRAM SETTINGS" tab.
    3) Press "ADD", then locate X4.exe (it'll be in the list of recently used programs, or you can browse to its location - on my laptop, this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations). Press "ADD SELECTED PROGRAM".
    4) Under "2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program" drop down box, select "HIGH PERFORMANCE NVIDIA Processor".
    5) Press "APPLY", then close the control panel.
Hope this helped. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”