X-56 Hotas Help

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GeekyDiciple

X-56 Hotas Help

Post by GeekyDiciple » Sun, 28. Jan 24, 01:53

-Version: 6.20.0.0 & English
-No mods
-Terran Cadet start
-I have a Saitek X56 running on a windows 11 machine. I got the mapping to work mostly. The issue I am having is that certain stick inputs, namely the button presses/clicks, work, while the roll, pitch, raw, and thumb-stick movement are reliable. The throttle is fully reliable and does not give me any issues.

-While playing the game the problem inputs, such as the main trigger, drop in and out, and often act "stuck." I.e. the weapons keep firing even after I release the button when it does read the input. Outside of the game the X56 software application does not always see the inputs either, but does seem to see them more readily than when the game is running. Currently the stick is set to controller #2 and the throttle to controller #3, with no #1 set.

- The Windows USB game controller app is also being difficult.

-I don't know if this is a game issue or a windows/controller issue. I have attempted to reinstall the x56 driver software, force kill the USB game controller app "rundll32". Nothing seems to work.

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X-56 Hotas Help

Post by Tranxalive » Thu, 15. Feb 24, 16:04

From what it sounds like, the X56 software may be causing, or is a huge part of the issue.

Have you tried uninstalling it and testing the game without it?

Another thing worth trying is shuffling the USB plugs of both the joystick and the throttle. The issue may be caused by the USB input "colliding."

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”