[#1731]Flight Pathing in Reflected Stars

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baddieus
x4

[#1731]Flight Pathing in Reflected Stars

Post by Baddieus » Wed, 31. Jan 24, 00:54

This is an informative thing for those developing that might need the info ... Vanilla game 6.2

The accelerator exit from Kingdom End 1 to Reflected Stars to the first Highway Entrance for the AI has done something unexpected or unusual in my game.
I noticed one of my traders suddenly at 1/2 shields next to an NPC ship with the same and thought they might be fighting ... but such was not the case.
Ships are exiting the accelerator, stopping and adjusting, then going full speed to a spot above & to the right of the highway entry point & stopping again.
Next they will turn in place to face the highway entrance, then head down to enter the highway, but the ship behind will crash if the one in front is still there.
No issue if I'm out, but in sector I watched this happen to several ships, one behind the other zipping to the same point in space and the front ship hitting the brakes.

If you need a copy of a save file in my ship near this same point to watch it happen please let me know ...

Here's a pic from my cockpit showing a ship that stopped & is turning to go to the highway:

Here's another pic where the 3 of the 5 ships in the circle are all headed to the same point:
Last edited by Tranxalive on Fri, 16. Feb 24, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Including Mantis Report number.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Flight Pathing in Reflected Stars

Post by CBJ » Wed, 31. Jan 24, 09:19

Baddieus wrote:
Wed, 31. Jan 24, 00:54
If you need a copy of a save file in my ship near this same point to watch it happen please let me know ...
Please don't wait to be asked for this. The sticky thread at the top of the forum asks people to provide a savegame because it's almost always useful, and not providing it just makes it take longer before your report can be investigated.

Baddieus
x4

Re: Flight Pathing in Reflected Stars

Post by Baddieus » Wed, 31. Jan 24, 14:24

OK .. here's a quick save where 2 dolphins just crashed and are semi-stuck together for a moment at the above mentioned point.
If you wait about 1/2 a min or so a Terrapin will fly up to the same point, no crash but you will see the pathing I'm talking about.

FYI .. you are sitting in the cockpit of a Piranha looking at the crash point from just under 5km away ...
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AksgVLz5zKankSl6Z2V ... C?e=OhAeRf

Also of note, I'm playing Boron as if the gate is not yet connected, so only the starting sectors are uncovered and being worked.

=Baddieus=

Baddieus
x4

Re: [#1731]Flight Pathing in Reflected Stars

Post by Baddieus » Wed, 28. Feb 24, 03:25

It appears this same pathing issue affects the Sanctuary of Darkness highway entrance even when the player is out of sector.
Below you can see a pic of a stream of Barracuda's that are traveling through Sanctuary of Darkness taken from out of sector.
They are all taking a path to the upper right of the highway entrance, then turning down & left to enter instead of going straight for that entrance.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/535 ... ></script>

=Baddieus=
Last edited by Terre on Wed, 28. Feb 24, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”