[#1748]6.20 Marooning protection checkbox doesn't apparently work

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

[#1748]6.20 Marooning protection checkbox doesn't apparently work

Post by LameFox » Sat, 3. Feb 24, 15:05

In my global settings, I have disabled the option that reads "Your ships will wait for you before undocking if you are on the same ship or station"

However, when I issued a repeat order to my ship to collect items around the PHQ while I sit at the desk, it responded "I'll wait for you to tell me to take off". I also frequently get warnings "this ship will be undocking soon" and have to tell them to proceed instead of waiting.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the setting but it sounds as if it should disable these exact behaviours? I am not sure what other thing it would be referring to, if not those.

This is a save taken after the ship (the Nemesis on the PHQ) told me it would not take off until told to: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WnKuIT ... sp=sharing As you can see it is still waiting there. The Cerberus arrived later. If you remove the Cerberus and tell the Nemesis to proceed, it will collect some drops and have the same issue again. Within the global settings you should see that the first box in marooning protection is unchecked.

As far as the mechanics of when this happens, I believe it's to do with having arrived at the station on that particular ship (I use it as a shuttle and to perform missions) and the order to leave coming when there is no other ship of mine landed. Hence the other collector ships I have don't seem to care that I'm on the station, only this one. But I assume that part is probably its intended function, and it's just the ability to turn it off that isn't working.
Last edited by Tranxalive on Wed, 21. Feb 24, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Including Mantis Report number.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”