[6.20] Crash problem

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NewBlashNatsuki

[6.20] Crash problem

Post by NewBlashNatsuki » Sat, 2. Mar 24, 19:31

I am a new ROG Ally user and I am able to play this game before yesterday with the Ally. And Now the game keeps crashing without any setting change when I open it via steam. It shows "X4 has stopped working" or "encountered a problem" when the game logo shows up. The graphic card driver should be up to date. I tried lots of suggestions but still cannot solve.

Here is one of the crash dumps and can someone have a look for me ?
https://1drv.ms/u/c/1dcf275b22c072e7/ES ... Q?e=1Y17Iu

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [6.20] Crash problem

Post by CBJ » Sat, 2. Mar 24, 21:05

Could you provide the information requested in the very first thread at the top of the forum, please? Without it, the chances of us being able to offer relevant advice are greatly reduced.

For the record, your crash dump strongly suggests that it's a graphics driver problem.

NewBlashNatsuki

Post by NewBlashNatsuki » Sun, 3. Mar 24, 06:36

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 2. Mar 24, 21:05
Could you provide the information requested in the very first thread at the top of the forum, please? Without it, the chances of us being able to offer relevant advice are greatly reduced.

For the record, your crash dump strongly suggests that it's a graphics driver problem.
Here is my Dxdiag.txt.

https://1drv.ms/t/c/1dcf275b22c072e7/Eb ... w?e=dvYOBb

But when I tried to get the vulkaninfo, it showed the following lines in the cmd:

C:\Users\ROG Ally>vulkaninfo > "%UserProfile%\Desktop\vulkaninfo.txt"
WARNING: [Loader Message] Code 0 : windows_read_data_files_in_registry: Registry lookup failed to get layer manifest files.
WARNING: dzn is not a conformant Vulkan implementation, testing use only.

Is that the reason for the problem? However, the graphics driver is already the newest one. How do we deal with that?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 3. Mar 24, 10:02

That would indeed be related to the problem. Try removing your existing drivers (it might be a good idea to do it using a tool such as DDU) and then reinstalling them from scratch. Make sure you download them from the NVidia site rather than letting Windows Update do it, as the latter is notoriously unreliable when it comes to giving you the "latest" drivers.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”