[#1820][6.20] Attack order against build site instantly cancels - fixed in future update

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

[#1820][6.20] Attack order against build site instantly cancels - fixed in future update

Post by LameFox » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 03:53

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WyoFHj ... sp=sharing

On loading, locate "Task Force I", a group of 4 destroyers in Silent Witness XII.

Next to these ships is an SCA build site. If you issue an order to the fleet to destroy it, the order, for some reason, instantly self cancels. Nor can the would-be station be marked hostile (not that it's normally necessary to issue an attack order, but I tried).

This is strange as I'm sure I've attacked new SCA and Xenon build sites in the past. They do have a solid if invisible initial module that can be targeted. But in this case the ships are just not feeling like it and it's not clear why.
Last edited by Tranxalive on Thu, 21. Mar 24, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
***modified***

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.20] Attack order against build site instantly cancels

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 10:29

New build sites can usually be targeted for attack and marked as hostile but stations that are being deconstructed, such as to allow a build elsewhere, cannot. I believe that both SCA and Xenon have station building caps. The deconstructing station will just stay neutral and any attack orders will cancel. Could that be the case here?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 10:53

I'll have to check up on it later and see if it's still there but it looked new to me. It's been there a while, the health bar is low and on the map it's visible only as a pier, plus I saw a trader heading to it. Usually when I see a station deconstructing it's gone pretty quickly.
***modified***

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 11:41

Just loaded back in, and I see that it has buy orders for hull parts and claytronics, so I am fairly confident it must be constructing.
***modified***

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 13:46

If there's a station dock that can be landed at then I don't understand why it couldn't be targeted and attacked. Usually stations under construction would be trading at their build storages and not station docks. That's a pretty odd situation that the devs might need to check in the save.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 14:40

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 8. Mar 24, 13:46
If there's a station dock that can be landed at then I don't understand why it couldn't be targeted and attacked. Usually stations under construction would be trading at their build storages and not station docks. That's a pretty odd situation that the devs might need to check in the save.
I think the pier just appeared on the map because it's the first module. That always shows up in the map even while it's still invisible in person AFAIK. The buy orders and the incoming ship were probably for the build storage.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”