Boron shields and weapons on non-Boron ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gazz
x4

Boron shields and weapons on non-Boron ships

Post by Gazz » Sun, 24. Sep 23, 19:31

So I was playing X4 today and wanted to tinker with some Boron equipment on my Dragon.
The game said no.
I'm not used to taking "no" from X3... 4... I mean 4... so I relearned modding (hasn't changed all that much) and altered the deal.
Technical gobbledygook
Show
In case anyone is looking for that at a later time:
All the Boron wiggely pokelies are tagged "boron" while regular Commonwealth wiggely pokelies are not tagged.

I wasn't going to figure out which of the 1200+ tags were relevant for this purpose so I only changed the receiving ship files such as
\X4 Foundations\extensions\ego_dlc_split\assets\units\size_m\ship_spl_m_corvette_01.xml
\X4 Foundations\extensions\ego_dlc_split\assets\units\size_m\ship_spl_m_frigate_01.xml

and added "boron" to the connection tags of shields/turrets/weapons such as
<connection name="con_weapon_03" tags="boron weapon medium standard missile platformcollision symmetry symmetry_right combat ">

Such a ship can still install all the regular Commonwealth items but when it goes to a Boron dock it can also install the Boron-specific ones.

No, that's not a proper mod by any means. I just overwrote all the files and moved on. I'm playing the game, okay? =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Re: Boron shields and weapons on non-Boron ships

Post by Dj_FRedy » Sun, 24. Sep 23, 19:46

Welcome to the party, better late than never haha
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”