Invisible module turret

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Caldari Navy

Invisible module turret

Post by Caldari Navy » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 18:06

Hello there

Is there any way to change xml of turret to make it invisible but still ocupy turret or main battery or engine etc...
Im working on electronic warfare modules and just want make slot invisible i mean turret so u still see effect comming from slot /turret but you dont see module

Or its all part of geometry?

I noticed u can change any module to (integrated) and cannot be damaged like on M and S ships but not sure about invisibility

Rothank
x4

Re: Invisible module turret

Post by Rothank » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 18:39

You can just create a meshless module by taking (duplicating) any component and removing it's <source geometry=[_data folder path]/> entry.
Image Image

Caldari Navy

Post by Caldari Navy » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 19:27

Rothank wrote:
Fri, 5. Jan 24, 18:39
You can just create a meshless module by taking (duplicating) any component and removing it's <source geometry=[_data folder path]/> entry.
When i tried this its broke sonething whith entire geometry of game , i was not able to move on station ship etc was just stuck in place only was able to pilot ship but when relase steering i was stuck again

Rothank
x4

Post by Rothank » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 20:51

Caldari Navy wrote:
Fri, 5. Jan 24, 19:27
Rothank wrote:
Fri, 5. Jan 24, 18:39
When i tried this its broke sonething whith entire geometry of game , i was not able to move on station ship etc was just stuck in place only was able to pilot ship but when relase steering i was stuck again
Because you need to also remove geometry (part_[partname], detailXl_[partname] etc) connections from the xml, or at least give them nocollision tags. Otherwise the game tries to assign collisions to non-existing parts, breaking entire ship the module is attached to.
Image Image

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 21:43

@ Rothank: I like the signature images but they currently total far above the overall size permitted in the forum rules. Sorry, but some serious image resizing or culling is needed!

" Rule 7: Signatures should total no larger than 600 pixels wide and 150 pixels high, including all images and text. This means you can have up to 8 lines of text maximum (including blank lines) or an image up to 150 pixels high, but not both. Avatars are limited to 80 x 80 pixels. The total combined size for both signature and avatar should not exceed 50kb.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Caldari Navy

Post by Caldari Navy » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 22:00

Oh now its all make a sense thank you i will try it.

Btw to the last post user can we stick to the topic please :p

Rothank
x4

Post by Rothank » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 22:05

Caldari Navy wrote:
Fri, 5. Jan 24, 22:00
Oh now its all make a sense thank you i will try it.
Glad I was able to help!
Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 5. Jan 24, 21:43
@ Rothank: I like the signature images but they currently total far above the overall size permitted in the forum rules. Sorry, but some serious image resizing or culling is needed!
" Rule 7: Signatures should total no larger than 600 pixels wide and 150 pixels high, including all images and text. This means you can have up to 8 lines of text maximum (including blank lines) or an image up to 150 pixels high, but not both. Avatars are limited to 80 x 80 pixels. The total combined size for both signature and avatar should not exceed 50kb.
Apologies, just scaled them down significantly.
Image Image

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”