[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP - MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 03:45

Please redownload, I changed jobs and made it so only pirates, xenon and khaak have more ships. Might have to tweak again but let me know (might be too little but it is more than regular x4)

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 03:54

So not sure if you seen any info yet BlackRain but a lot of people been complaining that the Economy has been hauling after a lot of hours in the vanilla game, no wars are going on, etc.

I assume one the first things this mod will provide is a bit of excitement and help jump start that economy by basic war?

Is that happening already or still to young?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 04:04

Kane Hart wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 03:54
So not sure if you seen any info yet BlackRain but a lot of people been complaining that the Economy has been hauling after a lot of hours in the vanilla game, no wars are going on, etc.

I assume one the first things this mod will provide is a bit of excitement and help jump start that economy by basic war?

Well, right now it just does a few things. One of the things is increasing the quota on ships (but right now just Khaak, xenon and pirates) I will increase quota on faction combat ships next time. Will this help the economy? Well, maybe, theoretically. I don't know because I just started fooling around with it. I would like feedback

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 04:09

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 04:04
Kane Hart wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 03:54

Well, right now it just does a few things. One of the things is increasing the quota on ships (but right now just Khaak, xenon and pirates) I will increase quota on faction combat ships next time. Will this help the economy? Well, maybe, theoretically. I don't know because I just started fooling around with it. I would like feedback
Thanks. Yeah I guess I should start a new game and try it. Right now sadly I have a LP Series on the vanilla game so I can't just dump it will have to do a modded and none modded version. All I can tell you is I have not seen a pirate inside any allied borders dozens of hours now. It seems that overall we need to force something bigger. I visited the Xenon area one of them and there was just shipyard/warf and no xenon themselves besides drones around the stations. I sat there shooting it afk and never got attack. Sadly it seems forced direction might need to be scripted in a bit.

Raven78
x4

Post by Raven78 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 04:16

Tried your Mod with a new Gamestart (Dedicated Warrior one)

The load new Game took a bit longer then usual which is to be expected.
Then it ran pretty smooth again once it did all the loading.
Took my first Missions, suddenly 2 blue marked ? Ships follow me, turned out to be Xenon but they became red on the Radar very much later.
Im not sure if its the Gamestart´s weak Ship Systems or your Mod, but all those Ships and Stations appear as blue ? now, even Xenon and Stations until i fly to like 1km or so.
Then i landed on Paranid Wharf and Paranid Ships undock there nonstop, like 10 each minute. Again, not sure if its the base Game or your Mod, fps took a pretty hard hit around there.
But all these Things i didnt see on the young Guns start, only now on Warrior one with your Mod installed.
Hope i could help a bit.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 04:22

Raven78 wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 04:16
Tried your Mod with a new Gamestart (Dedicated Warrior one)

The load new Game took a bit longer then usual which is to be expected.
Then it ran pretty smooth again once it did all the loading.
Took my first Missions, suddenly 2 blue marked ? Ships follow me, turned out to be Xenon but they became red on the Radar very much later.
Im not sure if its the Gamestart´s weak Ship Systems or your Mod, but all those Ships and Stations appear as blue ? now, even Xenon and Stations until i fly to like 1km or so.
Then i landed on Paranid Wharf and Paranid Ships undock there nonstop, like 10 each minute. Again, not sure if its the base Game or your Mod, fps took a pretty hard hit around there.
But all these Things i didnt see on the young Guns start, only now on Warrior one with your Mod installed.
Hope i could help a bit.
Yeah I saw those blue marked ? too and it took some time for things to go to normal. The only thing touched is numbers of ships so it might just be because more ships are being spawned at initial game start.

ChaosShadow00x

Post by ChaosShadow00x » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 06:49

This makes me very excited. I'm glad modders are already digging in and getting their feet wet. I honestly believe that Modders are going to bring more to X4 than egosoft will, hence why I hope they focus on fixing bugs and improving code/AI.

Keep up the good work!

Lifeforce87
x4

Post by Lifeforce87 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 07:53

Where do I put these files?

sulu244
x4

Post by sulu244 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 07:56

Lifeforce87 wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 07:53
Where do I put these files?
Documents\Egosoft\X4\<user_id>\extensions

You'll have to create the extensions folder.

Lifeforce87
x4

Post by Lifeforce87 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 07:57

Thank you!

Lymark
x4

Post by Lymark » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 08:08

Awesome stuff!! I didn't expect a mod to 'fix' the war stuff could come up this quickly!

Quick question tho, how do increasing quota and jobs affect war activities? As far as i'm aware(I'm guessing), the issue seems to be that they ain't invading other factions with their existing fleets.
Last edited by Lymark on Wed, 5. Dec 18, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.

x3fan5322
x4

Post by x3fan5322 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 08:45

Ooo a release, i'll go test this out see how it goes

Lifeforce87
x4

Post by Lifeforce87 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 09:09

Another little question.
Do I have to use Thereshallbewings on an existing game? Or does the script run automaticly?

JakubCW
x4

Post by JakubCW » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 15:46

Does this require a new game as I can’t see any difference in my save after a few hours..

Also I noticed xenon k’s appear to have some turrets missing and it don’t even bother firing or attacking anything.. possibly not related to your script and just typical broken game behaviour maybe.

King Hammer
x3ap

Post by King Hammer » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 15:52

Hmm Sounds promising, but wasnt somewhere mentioned the dev´s deactivated the whole war thing, and because of that there is no war and economy fails? So im wondering why they deactivated this important and big part of the game?
And if there are problems with the war, wont they happen when u activate them too?

Lifeforce87
x4

Post by Lifeforce87 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 16:09

They are working on that I guess. X4 without war isn't X4

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 16:12

So how does the game play with this mod at its current stage?

nieprawda
x4

Post by nieprawda » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 16:17

Started new game, first impresion - wow so many xenon in every sector, you alway need to be warry of you surroundings, after few hours warfs were starved for resources, performance took a huge hit (37fps in stations) but now I can't go back to stock game, your mod presents a nice challenge and even if my 6700k@4.5Ghz is almost melting this is so much better, great work and thanks for this mod :)

cyrusjackson
x4

Post by cyrusjackson » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 16:23

Small question. Does this mod require a new game for the new spawn etc or can I just slap it on my ongoing save. I almost have enough money to get my first Argon Destroyer and I would be sad to restart everything.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 16:57

cyrusjackson wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 16:23
Small question. Does this mod require a new game for the new spawn etc or can I just slap it on my ongoing save. I almost have enough money to get my first Argon Destroyer and I would be sad to restart everything.
Usually editing jobs files should work on an existing save... But it may take some time for the changes to become apparent (even more so with a system like Foundations where rather than just spawning, ships have to be built)

Can't believe I didn't look at this thread earlier though, one of my main gripes with this game is how... Empty, everything feels. If there was some way you could... Encourage more inter-faction wars happening, that'd be great. Just having enough ships isn't quite enough.

Maybe also see if there's some way you can significantly reduce what the Xenon need to produce their ships as well? That way they could also pump them out faster (they are machines and all, don't need sleep, food, or good working conditions XD )

Quick edit: There's also a mod by iforgotmysocks (viewtopic.php?f=181&t=404821) that improves the training of crew, would your method conflict with that, work along side it (so like double gain), or make no difference?
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”