[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

Post by Realspace » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 23:06

Yes, but resources would be all in a small 2400km area inside this huge sector. This is hardcoded. Well they are not limited for the player, npc only. The player could mine at tens thousand kms, no problem (this could be an interesting change in gameplay if player only could go to the richest mining zones).

But now Rebirth style with multiple superhighways is doable, it is even better actually bc here there is real space between zones, you could if wish cross the distances by using regular flight while in Rebirth (as in vanilla X4) the two (sub)sectors are separated, aka you'd end in a virtual space outside the real map. So in xrsge the space inbetween is real space that can be populated with zones or enconters or regions of roids.

I wish I had time to learn scripting better, to have new kinds of encounters like missions that trigger only in very deep space and bring to, say, a derelict ship, so on.

Anyway you'll see very soon, I've already replaced almost all (terran) sectors with these "orbital" superhighways. I wish I had discovered earlier this thing. This is what I wanted to do since the first XRSGE but did not even attempt because everybody told it was not doable

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 10:17

XRSGE 7.2.5 is ready.

:arrow: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1140

This is a big changer: all (buggy) terran eccelerators removed, in their place a nice superhighway crossing the sector (not split in 2 or 3).
A lot of new connections have been added using these internal superhighways. De facto these can be used in place of all the long normal highways that cross thousands kms. I've replaced some, rewrote others to cope with. So normal highways and superhighways along.

I've set the speed of superhighways slower (it was already slower than vanilla) so the animation is very good, moving around planets inside a sector has never been so easy, fast and immersive. Now L and XL traders move as fast as M. Sectors look much more as in Rebirth, each having several areas of interest (zones) connected through superhighways or highways but the space inbetween is true space with encounters and resources. So an improvement over Rebirth.

I've started placing more regions of roids etc in these big sectors, other than those already present in the resource area. These regions can be mined by the player only. This favours exploration and I tend to make them nice for a scenery too. Putting a big roid or derelicts, in an area far enough to not be visible from the planet's core region. I am thinking about writing a script to command the pilots to go mining in these outskirt regions, it should be doable. Roids are there, the player can do it. It should work as a direct command through the modded interface, not using the map. Hope some talented scripter can help me. Please contact me if available

XRSGE map already hosts some changes to show roids and gas independently from the blue/red color on the map (that is limited to the central 2400km area), so commanding for mining in far regions should be posible.

I plan too:
- expand other sectors too, making them bigger and hosting more zones connected through superhighways
- adding more regions to existing big sectors that are still empty except the central part.
- adding more landmarks, now you have some landmark for planets and moon (will add that of the sun). I want to add more as signature of specific zones, as in Rebirth.
- except ringed giants and suns, that are ok as they are, I want to further remove big sceneries/gases etc in favour of smaller differentiated ones in different parts of the sector, connected through superhighways, as in Rebirth.
- this is not sure, redoing the remaining vanilla sectors that are made of subsectors (as KE or Grand Exchange or B.Hole sun) to be either one big single sectors or having their distances widely increased (as was f.i grand exc or nopileous in xrsge 6)

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 14. Apr 24, 22:29

Thank you very much for bringing back shw's instead of buggy accelerators. Awesome work. Good thing you made them slower too, space flight feels much more immersive now. About landmarks you mean these new shortcuts on the map? I've seen one fpor now called 'Moon" in Argon Prime, thought it was a bug at first.
You've said about removing sceneries. Hope you're not going to remove these cool gas clouds with lightnings near some of the jumpgate/accelerators :)

Btw, I've just been flying near the Aqueduct in New Terranova and felt some good old Rebirth vibes. Are there any plans to bring back systems from Rebirth? Maelstrom, De Vries, Home of light etc? I remember you said once it's quite easy to do.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 20:39

Hello, I come back. I am in holyday, and I plan to continue my big stations. I almost finish paranid station (I took a break because I was out of inspiration), and I fully finished terran stations.

I will make Segaris stations, I have the ide to make this station "out of maintenance", or half broken. Because in a game Segaris say that is poor and the economy is very low.

For stations, I use the Economy Overhaul mod, which adds more modules, and larger modules than vanilla. It's particularly useful for making lots of beautiful terran stations.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 21:27

Good to know! Will you please also test how modules from economy overhaul behave versus my megastations in terms of fps? My megastations are made with vanilla modules, they eat fps as crazy!
But, as I see that the author is missing, i'd not mess with custom modules for the moment.

A request for those testing the beta: can you please report of any change that is somehow relatable to the changes that xrsge makes? I read somebody reported, f.i., that roids are more visible on the map (xrsge does it too). I can't istall the beta now, my mods would be broken expecially REM and I could not change them up to when betatest is ended.
Last edited by Realspace on Mon, 15. Apr 24, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 21:43

Realspace wrote:
Mon, 15. Apr 24, 21:27
Good to know! Will you please also test how modules from economy overhaul behave versus my megastations in terms of fps? My megastations are made with vanilla modules, they eat fps as crazy !
OK, but I have an idea about fps consumption. I think that creating a station with vanilla modules consumes more fps than Economy Overhaul.

Because for 5 vanilla modules, you get 1 Economy Overhaul module for the same production, I'm using the example of Metal Raffery, vanilla module versus XL Metal Raffery with XR export from Economy Overhaul.

I think what determines fps consumption is position, orientation and the number of modules. The vanilla module consumes more fps because it's smaller, so more are placed. Economy Overhaul is larger, so fewer are used.

Before, I finish my first Segaris station (energy station). After I will test

Ok, with your mod, VRO and Economy overhaul in Unknow Sector (Eye of spectator), and station with 118 Modules (A majority come from Economy Overhaul) I have 37.75FPS - Name of station is Ter_siliconfactory
The same with vanilla station with 121 Modules, I have 36-37FPS - Name of station is Ter_Defensestation

In reality we have less module with economy overhaul than vanilla

I will test Terran Shipyard, is enormous, VERY VERY HUGE. Only with vanilla module. For you have an ide is composed with more 450 Modules - 22FPS - Name of station is Ter_ChantierNaval

All of my test, I am at proximity of station, so that have an impact on the result, is less can be in reality, is the worst case.

After we have different computer, I send you my construction plan, if you want to test you. I think, you will have better see with that. In the same time, you see the terran stations and other paranid stations

And I have request, for the Segaris station, I made my first (Seg_Solarstation), you can see this station and send to me your opinion ? Because I don't know if is good or too "out of maintenance".

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f0kWE5 ... sp=sharing

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Tue, 16. Apr 24, 12:33

Hey, I retryed the test in the same condition, but the computer was more cold than the first test

I have 45 FPS for Ter_siliconfactory

42-47 FPS for Ter_defensestation

26 FPS for Ter_chantiernaval (Terran Shipyard)

50 FPS with no station, only eye of spectator

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 16. Apr 24, 20:39

Sorry but I was busy trying to find the cause why capital ships again refuse to use the superhighways. :evil:
M ships go fine, seems to me that only player L/XL ships have this issue. Any further observation can help me, thank you.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Tue, 16. Apr 24, 21:16

Realspace wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 24, 20:39
Sorry but I was busy trying to find the cause why capital ships again refuse to use the superhighways. :evil:
M ships go fine, seems to me that only player L/XL ships have this issue. Any further observation can help me, thank you.
I don't have the last version of your mod, but I have different question for help you. Even though I know you know more than I do, maybe these questions will help.

Is the speed of the L and XL higher than that of the M ? I think that if the ship's speed is too high, the autopilot wants to go with the engine and not with the superhighways.

Is the AI script of the M ship the same as that of the L and XL ?

The script of the player ship is different from that of the faction ship ?

If you're near a highway with an XL or L ship and you ask the autopilot, will the ship prefer to go on the superhighway or go to its destination ?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 16. Apr 24, 21:56

(the issue is whith the new SUPERhighways going from a to b in the same sector, not with other regular superhighways, not with normal highways that only m and s ship can use)
The autopilot works fine. If you command the XL/L ship it goes through the superhighway and follows the guidance. The ship, when the npc pilot is at command, can even calculate the route. The route goes through the superhighway. The same route that s and m ships follow. Problem is the pilot keeps going forth and back. Seems it has conflicting orders. So the issue is only with orders.
Orders are different from move routines that is what I am trying to understand. If npc (not player faction) xl ships go normally, so seems, then it is the orders that are conflicting.
Xl and L ships are prevented from using highways in the vanilla scripts. So I am quite sure that this is the difference why M traders instead go without issue. Maybe the engine sees my superhighways as normal highways because they link two zones inside the same sector instead than between two sectors, as in vanilla.
So I tried removing the "capital ship can not use highways" in the scripts, but it does not resolve.

Testing different scenarios. First to say is that sometimes capital ships fly normally. Also it depends by command. F.i. follow a ship command, works fine, the capital ship will follow even it requires using the superhighway.
Other factions have the issue too. Seems to me it is limited to trade/mining ships but I'd it is quite random.
Could somebody test xrsge with X4 beta2? Pathfinding and gate use have been improved there, maybe the thing resolves automatically..

Update: I observed a very strange thing. The issue happens also when miners/traders have to cross regular accelerators between two sectors. Instead, patrol ships seem not to have the issue, player's or other factions alike.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 11:09

OK, I downloaded the last version of your mod and I see interested thing. In internal sector super highway of Omicron D IV Kreios Alpha of Antigone Republic.

In this super highway, one blue part seems to freeze, we can go into only with autopilot, S, M, L, XL ship is the same. But at the other side of the super highway, the blue part is normal and we can go into with all ship.
I think is the ancien bug of the first version of your mod. It's for go at one part of super highway to other part

I tested for trade, I say to my L ship, buy here, sell here, and they use internal super highway even for subtle routes. In therory, when I send my order, they say like that.
In pratice they turn around super highway. When I am out of the sector

I tested when I am in the sector, and is the same

The AI knows that you have to go through the super highway for trade, but he don't do that. As if there were an invisible wall in front of the superhighway that you could normally drive through. But the AI can't see that you can't get through. But it knows you have to go that way.

Is mesh problem for internal super highway ? I don't know.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 12:29

That is a simply bugged shw (good thing I can fix these new one-sector superhighways and the fix is exported in next save), so not related to our issue. I had already fixed it for 7.2.6 (together with a lot of new big sectors added) but hold on for solving the issue and...

i think I found the reason: it's DAMN rem mod, where I had added some scripts for ai and forgot! Started xrsge without rem and the issue is no more!
Capital ships use the new accelerators and everything.

I had tested every possible scripts, well at least the problem is solved.
DO NOT use rem for now. You can use REM_inertial, it is a simple increase in velocity of assist off, the resr is untouched.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 14:44

I'm testing the mod with 7.0 beta 2 + your Jump drive mod, no REM. The only issue for now that I've seen is that L/XL ships are gathering near the jump gate (Argon Prime to Antigone) and try to jump, but don't. I don't know, maybe that's only in this sector. Also, when I give an order to change equipment in the Argon prime shipyard, my L/XL ships try to fly through antigone jump gate and fly in a big circle to reenter Argon Prime from the east gate instead of using sector shw

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 16:45

This thing is driving me crazy. While REM had some scripts that could conflict, and I saw no issue in a new game after testing without, now the issue sometimes persists...much less thou. Seems like the Capital ships get stuck in different possible routes. The strange thing is that M traders don't. Also, you can give intermediate points in the route and the L/XL ships will then use the correct path.

Yes they do these strange behavior of flying forth and back, like they are attempting different routes then go back to previous and so on. You can solve it by adding an intermediate path's point to cross in the right direction.

I don't think it is related to the one-sector superhighways, more to the capital ship's pathfinding in general. They do it with other gates too and with superhighways connecting two different sectors. Also, when you fly the ship, the autopilot has no issue at following the guidance. Never.
Anyway I've updated REM..

:arrow: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848

Ziplock I discarded that jumpdrive mod because it lagged the game and gave many errors in the log, does it work fine for you? :gruebel:

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 17:30

I don't know. I started to have some strange lags in latest session, will test today without the mod. Isn't there a method to patch jump drive mod somehow?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 22:57

I spent days trying to make it work. I also tested all jump mods and they all give the same lag, and errors. Jumpdrive would be welcomed in a big universe as is XRSGE if jumping is limited to XL ships and just a few sectors per jump.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 12:19

Hey, I forget to say that, I have finished my music mod for XRSGE, with faction and sector music. For 7.2

Copy and paste in steam/steamapps/common/X4Foundation/extension folder of X4

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 12:30

Hey, Folker, good news. Thanks a lot, I will check it out today. Don't you want to post it on Nexus?

Realspace, yeah, lags have been caused by the "Jump to gate" mod. I've installed anomaly generator mod instead for now, as a temporary decision. Doesn't seem to cause any lags.

P.S. Folker, great work! I definitely like new sector specific music and I see you've added some X-Tended tracks. Always thought that X-Tended has its own atmosphere, but I think these tracks are going to fit well. And new-old combat music, very cool and epic :)
Btw, I also found that you've deleted dark ambient zoned tracks and now there's silence between music tracks. Maybe you could add some ambient tracks to cover the silence? Like in Rebirth, for example space city sounds in crowded sectors, enigmatic tracks in empty space, suspense tracks in Xenon/Pirate sectors?

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 14:35

ziplock815 wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 24, 12:30
Hey, Folker, good news. Thanks a lot, I will check it out today. Don't you want to post it on Nexus?

P.S. Folker, great work! I definitely like new sector specific music and I see you've added some X-Tended tracks. Always thought that X-Tended has its own atmosphere, but I think these tracks are going to fit well. And new-old combat music, very cool and epic :)
Thanks, I'm glad you appreciate it. I can post it in nexus, it will also take up less space on the drive.
ziplock815 wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 24, 12:30
Btw, I also found that you've deleted dark ambient zoned tracks and now there's silence between music tracks. Maybe you could add some ambient tracks to cover the silence? Like in Rebirth, for example space city sounds in crowded sectors, enigmatic tracks in empty space, suspense tracks in Xenon/Pirate sectors?
I don't know how to make specific ambient tracks for faction or in specific sector. But if you want I can replace ambient tracks of X4 by Rebirth like Albion, Omicron, Devries sector ? No maelstrom, Teladis and other because I think going to go badly with all the other music. It's OK for you ?

I have a better idea, is to make ambient track, but they music have 10-30s, so at the end of they music the game launch other standard music
Last edited by Folker on Thu, 18. Apr 24, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 14:37

Folker wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 24, 12:19
Hey, I forget to say that, I have finished my music mod for XRSGE, with faction and sector music. For 7.2

Copy and paste in steam/steamapps/common/X4Foundation/extension folder of X4

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Thank you for this addition, will look today :-)
I've eventually managed to solve the big ships issue...don't know even how, I made several changes to the generic move scripts. Still there are some errors but just a few, seems that activating the "force steering" on capital ships made the trick. I also added a jump script for internal pathways for big ships (i.e. any route more than 1000k inside the same sector) but they don't jump..the script gives no errors thou. Anyway they use all connections bugless now, so it was not really needed. I was experimenting with capital jumps in case that the bug persisted. I don't like jumping things in general..
Will update XRSGE with this and the many new big sectors.

--------------------------
I am listening to the tracks, they are great, same approach I had using X3 or similar. If you want I can simply add them to XRSGE as they are.
Will you make a mod or do you prefer that I add these to base XRSGE (with credits to you oc)?

p.s to make specific tracks for specific sectors, you have to open mapdefaults.xml in XRSGE. You'll recognize the soundtracks title in each cluster (clusters there have almost always a note to explain what sector's name that is).

(btw you can make mod to add them to existing XRSGE sounds, not replacing (not a patch). Indeed if you simply add this as new mod, with dependancy from XRSGE, it will add its tracks to XRSGE. Using the "weight" parameter you can give supremacy to your tracks).

To make the mod work with XRSGE you should edit the soundlibray.xml this way:

Instead of adding soundtracks with the same names as in XRSGE (it should work anyway), as you did

<add sel="/soundlibrary">
<sound id="rs_scaleplategreen_music"....
</add>

You can add to each single soundtrack, this way.

<add sel="/soundlibrary/sound[@id='rs_scaleplategreen_music']/sample">
<select weight="1" start="extensions\xrsge\music\Xenon\1"/>
<select weight="1" start="extensions\xrsge\music\Xenon\2"/>
etc etc
</add>

Then do the same for combat music and all other vanilla soundtracks that XRSGE replaces, because XRSGE add its cusom tracks (as rs_scaleplategreen_music) but also replaces some vanilla.

If you do so, you have to redirect to music folder of your mod, so it won't be <select weight="1" start="extensions\xrsge\music\ but <select weight="1" start="extensions\YOURMOD\music\...

If you instead upload it as it is now, you have to specify for users that it is a PATCH for xrsge so they don't have to install as another mod but take its content and paste inside XRSGE folder (and replace).

EDIT:
A third option is I upload it as MISCELLANEOUS PATCH in XRSGE'S nexus so it is separated (800mb is a lot) but still integrated. Of course you'll be named as the author of it
Last edited by Realspace on Thu, 18. Apr 24, 15:17, edited 12 times in total.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”