Script or Util to move gates in game?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

stevecs
xr

Script or Util to move gates in game?

Post by stevecs » Fri, 4. Aug 23, 04:17

Just started the quest 'high velocity research' where you have some timed run between two points and through a gate. Well it was in a sector that I haven't visited much before so didn't notice it however it seems that GOD screwed up and placed a jump gate right IN FRONT OF the accelerator and they are about 1KM away from each other. So there's no way to finish the mission as you fly through the jump gate when the script wants you to fly through the accelerator instead.

In the older games there were some scripts to move gates. Is there any method to do that in X4? Only other options would be to never do the quest (so can't build engine mods) or have to roll the dice and start another new game due to these types of bugs.

Stoats not Goats
x4

Re: Script or Util to move gates in game?

Post by Stoats not Goats » Fri, 4. Aug 23, 09:42

Gates and Accelerators are fixed elements upon universe creation and are the same in each game (GoD didn't screw up). There isn't an internal script or galaxy editor in X4 so you won't be able to move it within the game. Gates and Accelerators, to my knowledge and experimentation, can't be moved without breaking the connections themselves. The mission you refer to should be achievable with the resources on hand, you may want to consider looking at using a different ship though.
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

stevecs
xr

Post by stevecs » Fri, 4. Aug 23, 11:31

Yeah, no, at least gates/locations are dynamic (i.e. loading another game and the gates are NOT in the same location, this is in Grand Exchange I). And there is no way to accomplish the mission when the gates are aligned directly inline:

https://postimg.cc/XX42VhH4

this is taken after failing again (as you have to turn off transit drive, swing around the first gate, then move back in to to get to the accelerator behind it, and then re-enable the drive, which even with the Irukandji (10.7KM/s) and only 1:20 or so for time just can't do it. It *could* easily if the jump gate wasn't in front as you loose due to having to move to get around it.

tezboyes
x4

Post by tezboyes » Fri, 4. Aug 23, 18:01

Rather than move the Gate, maybe set it as Inactive?
You could then set it Active again after you've done that part of the mission.

stevecs
xr

Post by stevecs » Sat, 5. Aug 23, 01:21

possibly, how do you disable a gate?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 5. Aug 23, 13:41

Find the gate and then ...

Code: Select all

<set_object_active object="$Gate" activate="0"/>
Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”