friendly fire...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Frostedawg

friendly fire...

Post by Frostedawg » Tue, 24. Oct 23, 01:58

So I know nothing about modding x4 but I'm curious how hard it would be for someone to say... make a mod that just makes it so you can't damage anything from a faction you have 20+ rep with unless you manually set something of theirs to hostile... in which case by all means nuke my rep with them. I love this game but I am so sick of constant rep grinds getting erased in seconds because of stray fire from AI fighters. Any insight would be great!

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: friendly fire...

Post by euclid » Fri, 27. Oct 23, 13:42

You would need to make all ships and station (going through all modules) invulnerable and then reverse that if you decide to declare war. However, It's a tricky subject as it may break things (missions) and, to be honest, I'm not sure it would be enough to prevent hostility.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 01:59

Should be possible to mod the relation thresholds in defaults.xml. Not sure if that's all that's needed, though, not really my area.

edit: Whoops! Sorry, didn't realize this was back in October.

Buck
x4

Post by Buck » Mon, 29. Jan 24, 00:56

Please explain more I'm interested

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 30. Jan 24, 11:26

You can use my Friendly Fire Tweaks mod from Nexus.

The victim only reacts to friendly fire if:
1. the victim is the actual target of the attacker or
2. the victim's shields are below 25%

Otherwise, friendly fire is ignored.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Buck
x4

Post by Buck » Fri, 2. Feb 24, 18:02

Thank you guys so much, J & K :mrgreen:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”