Crystal Hunting

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

khadgarion
x3ap

Crystal Hunting

Post by khadgarion » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 21:15

Hey folks,

Crystal hunting is pretty lucrative, but I have a few questions.

1) Is there any way to scan for them? I've noticed that once you find one, you can left click on it to actually select the crystal. I know that the "blinky" light on asteroids is a crystal. It would be nice if scan mode would pick them up.

2) Is there any way to mark or tag an asteroid? I know I end up losing crystals because I see one, go for it, and had seen another but due to moving its hard to remember exactly where it is. What I've been doing is locating one, lining it up in my crosshairs, wait a minute to see if I can see another. If I do see another, I will left click to select that asteroid and then go mine the first one, followed up by the second. It'd be great if there was a way to select multiple asteroids so I don't lose them.

3) I've been using "O" for the ware tractor beam (or whatever its called). Sometimes it misses some crystals, or they go flying by me if I let off the button too early. I can then see them on the map (they are marked with a box that has a slash through it) but I cannot actually target them. They can be clicked, but there is no context menu, and they can't be targeted with T. I can get my pilot to go and "collect drops" and they will pick up the crystals, but HOLY COW is the pilot slow!

Thanks for any answers or replies!
Khad

epsilonion
x4

Re: Crystal Hunting

Post by epsilonion » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 21:51

S#*t this forum is slow..

1. I think they meant for you to hunt them down instead of scanning them as they are a way to get funds up quick.

2. I drop a nav probe thingy next to the roid with crystals, yes you end up with loads of them but it works.

3. I get in really close to them and hold O as I shoot them and I have not missed one yet..

Hope this helps.. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”