Research mechanic and "modifications" also "venture" modules

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Chris0132
xr

Research mechanic and "modifications" also "venture" modules

Post by Chris0132 » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 22:32

Are these working properly?

All the researches are free and take 10 minutes, are they supposed to? It's not really much of a mechanic if so. I would have thought they're supposed to cost money or resources?

Also I have researched modifications but cannot craft any, none appear in the crafting bench. I also haven't found any, is this intended?

My PHQ has "venture" modules as an tab option and there is a "venture" account or something in the player information, but I've not figured out what these are for. Are they implemented?

The whole PHQ thing feels very unfinished to be honest. It doesn't seem to do anything except the research mechanic which is very trivial once you get it, and it doesn't seem to have any plot after that.

Is there more content planned for this?

Futabamaster
x4

Re: Research mechanic and "modifications" also "venture" modules

Post by Futabamaster » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 07:44

Chris0132 wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 22:32
Are these working properly?

All the researches are free and take 10 minutes, are they supposed to? It's not really much of a mechanic if so. I would have thought they're supposed to cost money or resources?

Also I have researched modifications but cannot craft any, none appear in the crafting bench. I also haven't found any, is this intended?
You can see them on Player Information tab - all stats and crafting materials, when you have all you need you craft them at the workbench on shipyards or equipment docks.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 10:13

"Venture" modules (and "Venture" inventory, and other "Venture" things) are related to the X4 semi-multiplayer mode (which may or may not exist at the moment, but is clearly intended to exist at some point in time).

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 15:31

Ah I figured out how to use modifications you need to park the ship in the dock the workbench is at.

Alias89
x4

Post by Alias89 » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 08:44

Hey

The research isnt working in my game .....

i guess its a bug but maybe im doing something wrong .... if i start the teleportation research or any other it simply resets a sec after i started it ( it doesnt show the second it just shows 0:00.0 time and goes back as if i never klicked it )

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 08:59

Venture mode you send ships off to other player games. I think while it's happening you stay connected and you can chat with the other player as well. You don't actually have synced mp from what I understand it's sort mild mp mini game.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”