So, is that it then?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baggins46

So, is that it then?

Post by Baggins46 » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 10:21

I have finished all the Queens missions and got my reward(s). Is this the end (of Kingdom end plot) or is there more to come?

xant
x4

Re: So, is that it then?

Post by xant » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 10:40

There's still the terraforming left, but yeah, that's about it.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 12:35

Baggins46 wrote:
Tue, 18. Apr 23, 10:21
I have finished all the Queens missions and got my reward(s). Is this the end (of Kingdom end plot) or is there more to come?
Pretty much yeah. Was honestly shocked by how abrupt she was, almost impolite: "Thanks for the help, now GTFO and don't come back!"

Petzer
x4

Post by Petzer » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 13:12

Really dissapointing when compared to the terran/yaki terran/arg-ant plot, there is like zero conflict with this new DLC, no new Xenon sector and even the split are ignoring them. Just tucked away in a save corner of the universe.

Baggins46

Post by Baggins46 » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 13:31

I should have guessed there wasn’t a lot to it when the DLC and update downloaded in only 15 minutes!

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 13:58

Baggins46 wrote:
Tue, 18. Apr 23, 13:31
I should have guessed there wasn’t a lot to it when the DLC and update downloaded in only 15 minutes!
Yeah, it was really short and after all the hype and wait kinda disappointing.

Ehli
x4

Post by Ehli » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 20:02

I hoped for a bit more challenging missions. It started very pompous, being a herald. Remembering the split & par missions I sort of assumed it would require significant effort in the logistic/economic part, but the Boron diplomatic outpost was not much more compared to a random "build a defense outpost" mission in terms of difficulty.

I do very much like the new assets, look and feel, ships though. Maybe not the helium voices. So all in all I like the DLC overall, but also disappointed with the amount of playtime hours needed for the campaign.

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 22:15

Gotta focus on the online feature, that locks ships away for normal players I guess...
Modded players are second class players anyway.
Hope that they don't screw it up, since they did not confirm nor deny, that it won't have microtransactions.

Nulric
x4

Post by Nulric » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 00:36

If you haven't already, you can totally ignite some conflict for the Boron though. Claim Heretic's End, which disables the games protections for claiming that sector. Once you do so, dismantle your admin center and let the sector go neutral.

At that point the Boron or Split are likely to move in there (though Argon might, also). There are other things you might do also to try and encourage one of the two, or Argon, to move into the sector as well. This will spark fighting in that sector.

You may need to first secure the Split against the Xenon though. Help them fortify and strengthen, then remove the protections on Heretic's End, and you might see some fireworks fly.

I know that's not all you were referring to here, but it's something fun to try out for sure.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 14:08

Ehli wrote:
Tue, 18. Apr 23, 20:02
I hoped for a bit more challenging missions. It started very pompous, being a herald.
I expected diplomatic missions tbh. Something a HERALD would actually do. Contacting various races, doing negotiations - choosing the correct options, etc. The most "challenge" I had was getting Terran rep up high enough so they allowed me to dock at their stations, but that was more annoyance and boredom doing their mine clearing missions rather than challenge.

I don't mind helium voices because I'm used to them from X3 and they just "go" with Boron, though that adventurer extraordinaire (forgot her name) sounds like a British 8 year old did voiceacting, lol. But FAAAAAAR better voice actress than that nihilistic scientist on the Terran station where you had to find a jar of water. Dear god, some of the worst voiceacting ever and I played Men of War when they came out, lol. She didn't sound neither drunk as she was supposed to, neither sad, neither philosophical; just bored out of her mind and with trouble pronouncing English.

Yeah, expected more of being a herald, more... I don't know... prestige? and expected more and longer missions for such a long-awaited DLC. Might be just my imagination, but Boron were longer/more awaited than Terrans and Split. Might be weird, but after randomly getting the Hydra in the middle of it I honestly expected getting a free destroyer when I was summoned to the Queen at the end, lol. Utopistic, but certainly didn't expect "thanks for your help, now get the hell out of my sight and don't come back, I don't wanna see you again." as expression of her gratitude. Not even monetary recompense for everything I did for them (building fighter ships, building station, etc.), just a tiny bit better version of a ship I already had (actually worse considering I had modded my personal Hydra with shipyard mods for performance) and was producing by the dozens. xD

The ship and station designs are definitely cool tho! I like the creepy look, even though X3 Boron were never creepy. The stations remind me more of Aliens universe with the derelict ship and the habitats the xenomorphs created with their raisin. Took me back in time and I half expected to turn a corner and have something black and ugly jump at me to tear me face off. :mrgreen:

What I got out at the end was some cool new ships and determination to fortify all stargates leading from TER sectors for my future war with them. I think double the setup I have now against Xenon should do well considering how many destroyers TER can field. Being friends with everyone is boring.

Btw., is it just my imagination or ice refineries just a complete sinkhole for money, even if you try to trade with Boron? They don't really seem to make enough money to justify them.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”