Acquire the Erlking?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zaydin
x4

Re: Acquire the Erlking?

Post by Zaydin » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 04:30

TKz wrote:
Mon, 21. Mar 22, 00:11
Berhg wrote:
Sun, 20. Mar 22, 22:35
I would use the word sadistic.

Still haven't found my 5th and quite tired of the tedium. I'm about to give up on vanilla and go modded. (again. I go back and forth. :) )
I simply read the save file to find the missing Data Vaults. They are in "zones", you can extract their coordinates, then uses theses coordinates from a known object in the sector to go straight to the vault. Two of my DV were 200-300 km from gates, so I saved a lot of time of not really interesting gameplay to do much more interesting things.
I wish I knew how to read the save files.

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 04:45

TKz, what did you use to read the files? I extract with 7zip, but after that I don't know what to use. Mine is too big for wordpad.

(((Do you hear this Egosoft? There are many of us that would rather look into the huge text document of the save file for where these things are than place 900+ advanced satellites over 6 zones.)))
(Don't get me wrong, I love your games and you guys for making them! This is one of those things were RNG can make it too much anti-fun, though.)
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Zaydin
x4

Post by Zaydin » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 05:21

Berhg wrote:
Mon, 21. Mar 22, 04:45
TKz, what did you use to read the files? I extract with 7zip, but after that I don't know what to use. Mine is too big for wordpad.

(((Do you hear this Egosoft? There are many of us that would rather look into the huge text document of the save file for where these things are than place 900+ advanced satellites over 6 zones.)))
(Don't get me wrong, I love your games and you guys for making them! This is one of those things were RNG can make it too much anti-fun, though.)
I figured out how to extract it with 7zip and then I opened the XML with Notepad++

zacky

Post by zacky » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 06:04

Please help! I have acquired all the blueprints but i don't know how to attached it to erlking? can anyone help me? how to complete the ship of erlking? is there any specific station to attach the blueprint in erlking? I've been trying to upgrade it but it has no turrets, weapons etc... But I have acquired all the 5 blueprints. Do I miss something?

ps. I have started the "stranded" dlc, so i don't have boso ta or the research station. Can anyone help?

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 06:27

zacky wrote:
Mon, 21. Mar 22, 06:04
Please help! I have acquired all the blueprints but i don't know how to attached it to erlking? can anyone help me? how to complete the ship of erlking? is there any specific station to attach the blueprint in erlking? I've been trying to upgrade it but it has no turrets, weapons etc... But I have acquired all the 5 blueprints. Do I miss something?

ps. I have started the "stranded" dlc, so i don't have boso ta or the research station. Can anyone help?
Hi Zacky! I believe you have to construct your own XL maintenance bay or shipyard to construct and install the modules youself. The faction yards won't use your blueprints.

Its a mid to late game activity.
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 06:31

Zaydin wrote:
Mon, 21. Mar 22, 05:21

I figured out how to extract it with 7zip and then I opened the XML with Notepad++
Thank you. My save XML is too big for Notepad++ XD
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Zaydin
x4

Post by Zaydin » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 07:42

Berhg wrote:
Mon, 21. Mar 22, 06:31
Zaydin wrote:
Mon, 21. Mar 22, 05:21

Microsoft Visual Studio also works and is slightly faster than Notepad++

TKz
x4

Post by TKz » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 08:33

Berhg wrote:
Mon, 21. Mar 22, 06:31
I used notepad++ on my 1GB savefile. A little bit slow but it works. VSCode would work too.

Eyeseeyou
x4

Post by Eyeseeyou » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 08:44

TKz wrote:
Mon, 21. Mar 22, 00:11
I simply read the save file to find the missing Data Vaults. They are in "zones", you can extract their coordinates, then uses theses coordinates from a known object in the sector to go straight to the vault. Two of my DV were 200-300 km from gates, so I saved a lot of time of not really interesting gameplay to do much more interesting things.
How do you extract the coordinates though?

ChrisF0001
x4

Post by ChrisF0001 » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 12:58

Eyeseeyou wrote:
Mon, 21. Mar 22, 08:44
How do you extract the coordinates though?
I am quite keen to know this also. I can just about open the save file, but Notepad++ isn't enjoying the experience and likes to lock up when I search for things...

nemo1887
x4

Post by nemo1887 » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 13:31

large files? TextPad 8 !!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 17:16

Question - does ToA vaults will always dissaper from map once left out of sensor vision?

I found and unlocked one vault, but it keeps dissapearing - I wonder if it's nomal, or I didn't unlocked it fully?

Arvel
x4

Post by Arvel » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 17:29

They seem to. I've been bombarding the sectors with advanced satellites (which keeps them visible) but I also drop a resource node next to the vaults when I go to loot them, so I know it's one I've already hit.

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 00:33

I've got my save pulled up. New I need hints on where to look on my 22 million lines of data. :lol:
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Witzzard
x4

Post by Witzzard » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 01:30

Berhg wrote:
Tue, 22. Mar 22, 00:33
I've got my save pulled up. New I need hints on where to look on my 22 million lines of data. :lol:
There's a post in reddit from U/hatevampire describing how to read the save especially in that regards.
But from how i see it - the file is basically organised in connection-trees: SectorGroups (Cluster_) + Sectors (sector_), Zones (which can be dynamic temporally) followed by the content of that itself and their components and so on.
The blueprints can be found by searching for erlking_blueprint_ : 1 - Engine; 2- Shield; 3 - Main Battery; 4 - L Turrets; 5 - M Turrets.

After finding that you you reverse the search order (searching upwards in the lines instead of downwards) -> the first cluster_ line you should find, should give you which sector it is. Following hatevampire: Cluster_500_Sector001 = Avarice I; Cluster_500_Sector002 = Avarice IV; Cluster_500_Sector003 = Avarice V; Cluster_501 =Windfall 1; Cluster_502 = Windfall III; Cluster_503 = Windfall IV.

Now comes the seemingly more fiddly bit - where is it position wise in the sector. Which is also something i'm not a 100% on - so if anyone got a better idea, feel free to add to our understanding ;)
When the containing zone is a temporay zone, you seemingly can simply search from the erlking_blueprint_ : upwards for class="zone" and will find three lines "<offset> + position + </offset>", whereas the position line inbetween the offsets should hold the position you might want to look for.

If in the zone line, the zone isn't followed by a macro="tempzone" ,you'll seemingly have to go back down towards the vault/blueprint itself, as the position is set there through their own offset line.
You might want to use macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_. A few lines under that you should again see a <offset> line followed by a position. That position should then be the ones you should be looking at in the sector. Please note, the offset indicator should come before any <connections> indicator, as far as i can tell.

Then again, i'm not 100% clear on everything.

ChrisF0001
x4

Post by ChrisF0001 » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 02:44

Witzzard wrote:
Tue, 22. Mar 22, 01:30
If in the zone line, the zone isn't followed by a macro="tempzone" ,you'll seemingly have to go back down towards the vault/blueprint itself, as the position is set there through their own offset line.
You might want to use macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_. A few lines under that you should again see a <offset> line followed by a position. That position should then be the ones you should be looking at in the sector. Please note, the offset indicator should come before any <connections> indicator, as far as i can tell.

Then again, i'm not 100% clear on everything.
That was more or less what I found, after some trial and error - Except one of the vaults (#3) has the zone line followed by macro="zone002_cluster_500_sector001_macro" instead of macro="tempzone" and the offset there is default="1" (no position child node). There is an offset down by the vault line itself but that doesn't seem to be the position in the sector (vault 5 also has a position on that node, but that's not the position in sector either - it has a real position further up). I've looked all around that point, and there's nothing there...

I'm now just baffled. And really hoping that it's not bugged.

Zaydin
x4

Post by Zaydin » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 04:37

Well Egosoft, you win. I can't find the last data vault containing the last blueprint I need for the Erlking so I guess I'm just going to shelve X4 again until you fix this so it's not an aggravating scavenger hunt trying to find a specific needle in a massive field of needles. Other games can get away with hunts like this because they are set on planets and can have landmarks for reference points. Most of X4s sectors have no landmarks once you leave the area where everything is built.

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 05:09

Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 06:11

Thank you Wtizzard.

If I'm interpreting right, then my last vault may be in Avarice V at position x="-372921.188" y="-444.64" z="408127.719."

Looks to me that my vualt may be way above the plane?
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Diroc
x4

Post by Diroc » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 06:51

Berhg wrote:
Tue, 22. Mar 22, 06:11
Thank you Wtizzard.

If I'm interpreting right, then my last vault may be in Avarice V at position x="-372921.188" y="-444.64" z="408127.719."

Looks to me that my vualt may be way above the plane?
No, Top down view is X and Z. Y refers to above and below galactic plane.

Make a dummy station plot and play with the plot size sliders. You will see which axes correspond to which directions.
This will give you an idea which is which.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”