ToA Wave-thingy & AI

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

ToA Wave-thingy & AI

Post by Tamina » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 15:42

I am still unsure to buy ToA, but the question remerges, now that Egosoft offers a Commonwealth CE.
From all I heard, there is a sector in this DLC that periodically gets wiped out by some event.

To make it short: I am questioning the AIs ability to avoid that event. As neat as this feature sounds but Pirates, Khaak and Xenon are bothering me enough already with constant ship replacements.

Sooo... is it an annoyance, and if so, how much?

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Tempest
x4

Re: ToA Wave-thingy & AI

Post by Tempest » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 16:04

my 2c:

in short: Ai pilots can handle the wave just fine. (Tug + Compactor class ships might need special attention)

- wave warning
- all ships are issued the flee command and leave the sector w. time to spare.

example: you park a Capital in the danger-zone somewhere and forget about it, outcome = as outlined below: (both High/Low attention, IS/OOS)

- trigger warning
- ship flees danger/sector, parks near the exit of a gate
- time passes
- ship returns to original location
- endlessly repeat

The only ships i lose there are always the scrap-cube collectors, not entirely sure why, always too late "on the scene". i've blacklisted Avarice for trade traffic however, does not seem worth the trouble.

maybe doable with trader vessels tailored for speed, i've never tried.
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 16:50

Thank you very much, this helped me a lot, those are very valuable 2cents :mrgreen:

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 17:38

There is a (purple?) ship hull mod that should give 100% protection against hazards.

I did build a small station. It had M turrets/shields.
The Tide destroyed all the surface elements and did cut module hulls down to 75%.
Repair drones ought to be able to repair the station hull between the Tides.

There is a special shield module that should be able to protect the entire station.
I don't have blueprint for it yet.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

VTJagatai
x4

Post by VTJagatai » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 18:08

Tamina wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 15:42
I am still unsure to buy ToA, but the question remerges, now that Egosoft offers a Commonwealth CE.
From all I heard, there is a sector in this DLC that periodically gets wiped out by some event.

To make it short: I am questioning the AIs ability to avoid that event. As neat as this feature sounds but Pirates, Khaak and Xenon are bothering me enough already with constant ship replacements.

Sooo... is it an annoyance, and if so, how much?
Be careful with using medium sized traders. There is very little medium docking in the Avarice systems (hence the Releigh class). I've noticed that medium traders will stack up in a long queue to dock for trading. I think that can interfere sometimes with the flee logic. Every ship I lost due to the tide was a medium trader. Nothing else.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 21:49

Thanks for the valuable tips. Just bought the CE, so they will come in handy :D

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”