[Feedback] 7.00 Economy

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Viper185
x4

Re: [Feedback] 7.00 Economy

Post by Viper185 » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 11:11

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 8. Apr 24, 15:57
LameFox wrote:
Mon, 8. Apr 24, 15:15
I have tried deconstructing and deleting stations twice now. Each time the build storage is there and it has the wares in it. However I cannot see any trade offers on it and it's not clear if there's any way I can create some. The wares just chill there until I remove them via a transfer.
Yes my bad, should have made it clear in the text. This is for NPC stations, since player build storages don't get removed you still need to use the transfer wares command as usual. I have adjusted the text in the OP to make this clear now.
Still would be great to assign trade offers to build storage so we don't need to manual empty 100k+ hullparts by hand

MaybeNot
x4

Post by MaybeNot » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 12:33

Ketraar wrote:
Wed, 3. Apr 24, 13:16
[*] Improved miner decision-making
https://imgur.com/a/1JprvEA

Also autominers don't sell stuff if price average % is too low (lower than -10% or something) - even if there is buy offer
https://imgur.com/a/PWSLPNO

Like Porpoise in Morning Star here - https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ryq9zilf ... 5mcx0&dl=0 - 2 stations with buy orders, but price is around -14%

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 13:26

Viper185 wrote:
Wed, 10. Apr 24, 11:11
Still would be great to assign trade offers to build storage so we don't need to manual empty 100k+ hullparts by hand
That would be a nice option. Treat Build Storage like a Station, with Buy / Sell Pricings, amounts - basically all the control we have on a Station. Perhaps a bit much for this Beta though.

What I tend to do, is set up repeat orders and have a central Warehouse for resources. I've decommissioned stations before, say when a front-line moves, or I've moved production elsewhere, and I utilise repeat orders to get rid of resources from Build Storage as the station is dismantled.
MaybeNot wrote:
Wed, 10. Apr 24, 12:33

https://imgur.com/a/1JprvEA

Also autominers don't sell stuff if price average % is too low (lower than -10% or something) - even if there is buy offer
https://imgur.com/a/PWSLPNO

Like Porpoise in Morning Star here - https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ryq9zilf ... 5mcx0&dl=0 - 2 stations with buy orders, but price is around -14%
Yes, this has stopped a few of my Autominers working properly. There's often ample demand - 10k+ units for Silicon for example - yet the miner does not "see" the trade as valid. I have to periodically go through my Miners and manually order them to sell. The games does seem better at keeping Tier 1 (stations that's only consume EC's and raw materials) stations fed, so I'm selling gathered Ore and Silicon at rock-bottom prices in v7.0 Beta 1. This isn't a problem as such, it's all passive income, but having to intervene every collection cycle isn't idea.

Note: do we know if regular station sellers are affected by this? Usually, I'd have my miners dropping off at a central "Mining Hub" station, with other Miners actually performing the sales. I've not done that this time as the opportunities are quite there any more to justify a central station.

MaybeNot
x4

Post by MaybeNot » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 13:31

Ok I think I got it, it uses same price for automine sell as those min/max prices that you set in repeat orders.
For save above (ice) minimal ice is ¢26 but station buys for 25,96 so only manual trade works.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 17:05

There's definitely a threshold here, I have ships that are auto-selling Silicon fine when the offer price is 110Cr and some that simply refuse to sell at 110cr. When I consider the decimal place, I cannot actually identify the exact threshold for sales. I've seen some automatically sell when the Offer price is 110.64cr, while others don't sell when the Offer price is 110.77cr. I was hoping to see a pattern of high (above .50) 110's selling automatically, with low 110's NOT selling, so I could share the numbers. However, there appears to be some fuzziness here.

In all instances, demand at the station is over 10,000, some over 15,000 for basically the same price. So, there's certainly a valid sale to be had, but Autominers don't always see it. I only have four Silicon autominers - each in a separate sector - currently, so checking them periodically and doing a manual sell if needed isn't too much trouble. Be good to have this sorted though.

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 17:30

Be aware that we have found and fixed the pricing issue for the next build so any issues related to that should resolve themselves quickly when the next update arrives.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 19:22

BurnIt! wrote:
Wed, 10. Apr 24, 17:30
Be aware that we have found and fixed the pricing issue for the next build so any issues related to that should resolve themselves quickly when the next update arrives.
Nice, good to hear :)

foxmaster
x4

Post by foxmaster » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 20:01

BurnIt! wrote:
Nice :-) I hope stations in Avarice 3 sectors survive, they take lot of damage by tide, lost some ships who was docked at stations, star sun tide hit hard so it blow up modules on stations

TwoThe
x4

Post by TwoThe » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 20:19

Ketraar wrote:
Wed, 3. Apr 24, 13:16
Improved miner decision-making
This should improve the choice miners make where to mine, especially systems contested by hostile factions. They also should not clump together as much on one spot. Feedback on the impact of these is welcome.
Maybe requires a few more improvements. Right now if my miners are full they just stand there for up to 5 minutes till they figured out that they are going to sell their silicon to the one and only station in the system.

Killin_Kilo
x4

Post by Killin_Kilo » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 22:36

foxmaster wrote:
Wed, 10. Apr 24, 20:01
BurnIt! wrote:
Nice :-) I hope stations in Avarice 3 sectors survive, they take lot of damage by tide, lost some ships who was docked at stations, star sun tide hit hard so it blow up modules on stations
lol same! I picked a bad time to spin up a rakers play through.

geldonyetich
x4

Post by geldonyetich » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 23:30

BurnIt! wrote:
Ah so it was a bug. Honestly I couldn't tell if prices not necessarily corresponding to the current stock was a deliberate change or not, but I didn't know how to submit the question.

wilsonlaizo
x4

Post by wilsonlaizo » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 02:44

Thanks for the fix. I think I will refrain from playing until the fix is done. I think the game dynamics may change too much so I will probably do another start when the next iteration arrives.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 10:23

Regarding some of the new systems. Well, one of them, and its surroundings.

I feel like if Mists of Artemis had ice and gas instead of more minerals and gas, that pocket of Xenon systems would be an ideal long term goal for a hostile isolationist player. Or even if Frontier's Edge had the ice. The trouble is, I don't want to capture The Void or Holy Vision for ice because holding those sectors blockades (potentially) warring factions from claiming each other's territory. I'd like to set up TRI and then have a nice three way war in that region between ARG/ANT, TER, and TRI. Then I can go out and fight them periodically for my own amusement. But those two sectors where I'd be getting Ice are both chokepoints.

This seems to be a running theme with Xenon sectors. I'd like to take the ones near the Yaki but, again, ice. If I take half of Savage Spur and then Getsu Fune for ice then I cut off the Terrans. If I go north or south out of Tharka's Cascade I cut off an avenue for the ARG v ZYA war. I really just want to have my own corner of space and then maximize things exploding in the universe, and these kinds of areas come so close to letting me do it but then fall short. And I could think, okay, it's a balance choice not to have all the things you need in one place, but those places *do* exist, it's just that normally I have to take them off a normal faction and cripple it in the process which impacts the wars I'm trying to propagate. Xenon can withstand the loss, they don't need much resource wise and will carry on elsewhere. And also, if I can kill all those Xenon, I kinda feel like it's okay to get a good home base out of it... I mean, at that point there are no real contenders anyway, I'm already overpowered.

But in the end what invariably happens is I settle in Windfall and mine Avarice, because then I have everything I need in a very small place and can venture out to attack a variety of factions after my confrontation with VIG. VIG don't really do wars in the traditional sense so taking some of their sectors has little overall impact, which is ideal for what I want.

This update creates one potential new place to do this with the chain from Cardinal's Domain to CEO's Doubt, but it comes so very very close to creating another one too.
***modified***

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 15:26

I have noticed what seems to be supply (selling) quantity at NPC stations taking priority while zooming/panning the universe.

EG: some 3-4K of graphine wanted 1-2 sectors away for ~40 cr more looses out to a station 5 or so gates away buying for less, but want 20-30k of it.

Scripted buy/sell by stations and auto mone/trade, etc while certainly great having the manual task offloaded, I have not traced that in detail to try and figure out if they use the same logic as the map trade offers.

Is the trade UI up for discussion here or elsewhere or will be?

There are several things I think that would make it more useful without major rework.. but how I would like to see the full list with sort/filters/etc + best buys that are in XR. I know after a point in some game play styles is like $ mean little and it's just who has it and who wants it with price almost meaningless.. but manual trading in X4 could use some think tank discussion I think.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 16:02

I just noticed without checking all the posts here, that when I bleed my account dry and have some ships trad and mine for my station, nothing comes into my account. When I set them mine in sector, without a station manager to look over, income will come in. Is this because all mined stuff are just stashed for production?

And, in logical overview there are a number of items I can 'trade'. But is this trade sell the items (which I clearly don't have) or trade - buy, and when ticked on, is it buyable/sellable or excepted from those?
I never figured that out, and let the settings as they are, but sometimes the obvious is not so obvious for others, maybe I am included in that group...

So if anyone at Egosoft can add a floating "help" option, so that it explains these options a little bit more? Thanks from all autistic people :)
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 16:11

Mr.Killer wrote:
Thu, 11. Apr 24, 16:02
I just noticed without checking all the posts here, that when I bleed my account dry and have some ships trad and mine for my station, nothing comes into my account.
Why would it? Its your ships selling to you, if there was money to be transferred it would be from your account into the ships account. But no there is no money transfer between player owned stations, you have to sell things to the NPC factions to get credits. ;-)

MFG

Ketraar

wilsonlaizo
x4

Post by wilsonlaizo » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 17:18

Mr.Killer wrote:
Thu, 11. Apr 24, 16:02
So if anyone at Egosoft can add a floating "help" option, so that it explains these options a little bit more? Thanks from all autistic people :)
As Ketraar mentioned, money is used to buy/sell stuff to other factions, not between your ships/stations. If you don't give money to a station, it will only be able to buy from your own stations. A station will also accumulate money as it sells stuff to NPCs, either by NPC buying directly, or your ships assigned to that station selling. Also, after a while the station will transfer some of that money automatically to your account. This is not a beta discussion, but I just wanted to clarify to you. Maybe you should check the new Tutorials and do your suggestion in that thread.

Scoob
x4

[7.0 Beta 2] Why is The Reach so Dark (367% Sunlight)

Post by Scoob » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 23:45

Hi,

I remote built a station in The Reach, to utilise its 367% sun to help process Scrap into Hull Parts and Claytronics. I just teleported to my station there for the first time and it's really dark! The sun level works great for EC production, but visually it doesn't match that 367% sunlight level.

LameFox
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 2] Why is The Reach so Dark (367% Sunlight)

Post by LameFox » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 00:44

I do wish the light levels in a system made a bit more sense. Why is Avarice dark with a huge star sitting right there? Why is Windfall I perhaps the brightest place in the game, even washing out the light inside ships and stations, with nearly no sunlight rating?
***modified***

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 01:13

Well they do make (some) sense. The Reach has a Blue Dwarf, which emits a lot of energy, it has already been "nerfed" a bit. This being a beta and having asked for feedback is why we are here.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”