[#2138]BUG: Modules in station plan are not recorded correctly if rotated

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

thedavid
x4

[#2138]BUG: Modules in station plan are not recorded correctly if rotated

Post by thedavid » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 02:18

7.0 Beta 2, LInux, No mods

New game, Station Editor Simulator

Expected Behavior:

Build station. Save plan. Plan will be saved exactly as the station was built.

7.0 Beta 2 Bugged Behavior

Build a station. If nothing is rotated then the station will save as built.

HOWEVER, if you rotate the station after attaching all the modules, then even though you are looking at an ARG Administration Module, the plan will save as a PARANID administration module. Plasma Turrets will save as some UNKNOWN missile turret that game doesn't actually have files for.

I really can't think of why rotating anything would cause this error in saving a station plan but it does.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: BUG: Modules in station plan are not recorded correctly if rotated

Post by CBJ » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 09:30

Please provide the exported station construction plan file. Even though it apparently doesn't contain the items you say you added to the station, it may still give us some clues.

thedavid
x4

Re: [#2138]BUG: Modules in station plan are not recorded correctly if rotated

Post by thedavid » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 15:45

North 2.xml
(5.43 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
I built new stations from scratch just to test that I could reproduce the bug again. And again, something is wrong.

The original plan was named south because it was aimed south. I then rotated the station to aim north and I renamed it North. I got the bug.

I tested again, just to be sure. I recreated South again from scratch. I rotated the station to aim north and I got the exact same bug.

I did all of this in the station editor all the way at the bottom below Creative in the new game options. Here is a screen shot of what I see. The did not use missile turrets on the station but the game thinks I did. Whatever those turrets are supposed to be, even the station editor that should have access to all blueprints can not use it. It's weird.
20240423223239_1.jpg

thedavid
x4

Post by thedavid » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 15:51

South.xml
(5.28 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Here is the plan for the South aimed station before being rotated. It seems to work fine.

thedavid
x4

Post by thedavid » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 15:58

I took a look inside of North 2 myself just to see if there was anything I could understand. I looks like all the Argon stuff got swapped out with Teladi.

I can pretty consistently reproduce this bug.

thedavid
x4

Post by thedavid » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 11:00

7,0 Beta 3

Bug still exists.

Here are two station plans I just created with the station design simulator.

The original was pizza south. I rotated the station to aim north and I got the bug.
pizza south.xml
(5.16 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
pizza north.xml
(5.63 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
I don't know what is causing the bug. I do know the bug doesn't exist in 6.2 or earlier.

thedavid
x4

Post by thedavid » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 11:05

Wow, I just noticed that the original "pizza south" build, while not obviously bugged, actually has all the modules swapped out to paranid.

I used ONLY Argon station modules on the station.

Argon Administration unit
Argon Defense disk
6S/1M basic dock

Argon L plasma turret
Argon M Flak ruttet
Argon L Shield mk2
Argon M Shield mk2

That's it. Nothing else. I don't know why the original build shifted to paranid or why the rotated station flipped to teladi with some missing missile turret thing happening.

Can someone else please test this? I assume I'm not the only one who gets this.

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 14:26

I've tried to reproduce the issue for a while now and I've failed.

Can you please describe in as much detail as possible every step that allows you to reproduce the problem?
Also please make sure there are no mods active/present that could interfere.

Are you manually assigning turrets/shields or using loadout presets, when saving the plan, do you save it first and then export, or go to export directly?
Are you using a filter when/if selecting turrets/shields?
Does it happen if you just place the admin module and nothing else?
Have you been playing a save before switching to the Station Design Simulator or did you go there directly from the start menu after starting the game?

Any other details that you can think of would be greatly appreciated.
If you are able to record a video that shows your steps, that'd also be helpful.

Also if anybody else is able to try and repro this any information you might be able to add could be useful.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

thedavid
x4

Post by thedavid » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 15:27

BurnIt! wrote:
Fri, 26. Apr 24, 14:26
I've tried to reproduce the issue for a while now and I've failed.

Can you please describe in as much detail as possible every step that allows you to reproduce the problem?
Also please make sure there are no mods active/present that could interfere.

Are you manually assigning turrets/shields or using loadout presets, when saving the plan, do you save it first and then export, or go to export directly?
Are you using a filter when/if selecting turrets/shields?
Does it happen if you just place the admin module and nothing else?
Have you been playing a save before switching to the Station Design Simulator or did you go there directly from the start menu after starting the game?

Any other details that you can think of would be greatly appreciated.
If you are able to record a video that shows your steps, that'd also be helpful.

Also if anybody else is able to try and repro this any information you might be able to add could be useful.
Ok. I'm on Linux, specifically Ubuntu 22.04. I'm playing x4 on steam. I own all expansions but I don't always play with all of them turned on. The bug does not happen in 6.2. I found it in 7.0 Beta 1, Beta 2, and now also Beta 3. I do not play with mods. I also have the Ventures DLC.

The first time I experienced this bug I was continuing a save I started with 6.2. I thought that the save might be causing the problem. I liked the new station locations so I was determined to start completely over. I cleared out all of my saves and restarted the game.

So then I was in X4 with no saves. I went to the Station Design Simulator. I entered station design mode. I placed my modules.

1M/6S basic dock
Argon Administration
Argon Defense disk

I have a load out saved called "DEFENSE" that I apply to the Argon Defense Disk.

Argon L Plasma Turrets
Argon M Flak Turrets
Argon L Shield MK2
Argon M Shield MK2

No filters used.

I confirm the the load out.

I copy the defense disk with the load out and place additional disks.

I confirm the plan over on the right.

I force build the plan.

I check that all the disks have the correct load out by entering "edit Load Out" for each one. They all look fine.

I skip saving the station plan because exporting the plan will also save it.

After exporting I select the dock (first module). I rotate the dock, and thus the entire station, 180 degrees.

I click confirm. I force build the plan. I export it with a new name.

I click on "Load Plan" drop down menu. The rotated station will be greyed out claiming that it is missing some missile thing that I didn't add.

In the OS file system, if I navigate to the construction plans I find that both the first and the second plans that I exported have incorrect station modules listed. So if I start a new character and have that character buy the blueprints for Argon Defense disk and the Argon Administration unit expecting that I'll be able to build the station I deigned, I won't be able to.

Really, really, really. I can reproduce this bug 100% of the time.

I tried not using the saved turret loadout and manually setting the turrets and shields on each disk. I still go the bug after rotating, confirming, force building, and exporting.

I loaded up a station plan I had built in 6.2 and just added another module to it. I exported the new station plan with just the one additional Argon Defense disk and everything had been changed to Paranid.

I went back to 6.2 and designed a station. That was perfectly ok. No errors.

I installed the Beta again. I designed a station. I got the bug.

I don't know what else I can say to describe it. I'll see about recording a video.

thedavid
x4

Post by thedavid » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 16:12

Here is a download link for a video.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=down ... 7fSoC0FSJC

Here are the two new station plans created in the video.

Beta Bug One
Beta Bug One.xml
(5.52 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Beta Bug Two
Beta Bug Two.xml
(4.26 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 17:16

Thank you for the details and especially the video.
I was missing the "Force Construction" step. It all was fine until I did that and I've now reproduced the issue here - next step: figure out what's going on...
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

thedavid
x4

Post by thedavid » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 18:49

Great! I'm glad we finally got on the right trail.

thedavid
x4

Post by thedavid » Fri, 3. May 24, 03:43

I just tested Beta 4.

I can confirm that this bug is still present. I didn't get it after rotating once but I got it when I did a second rotation. I also got it just moving the station laterally.

thedavid
x4

Post by thedavid » Thu, 9. May 24, 11:22

I just tested the bug again after the hot fix. I can confirm that I can still reproduce the bug.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”