Beta 7 Feedback Xenon too weak

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Beta 7 Feedback Xenon too weak

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 8. May 24, 11:07

Koizuki wrote:
Wed, 8. May 24, 04:41
If they are now able to maintain range, then adding more defense stations, while helpful, doesn't actually help very much beyond slowing down their loss of territory.
Adding the second defence station was never for tactical or military reasons (it does help a bit), but more so for economical ones. Since factions would build the stations pretty much immediately using up resources at the start.
Thus, I believe the simplest ways to tackle this are to:
1) give the PE/SE their second shields back, and/or give the SE more speed to improve survivability for such a crucial unit,
2) allow the Xenon more jobs for more/bigger/more frequent offensive fleets, and
3) allow the Xenon to build redudancy in their sectors (more Defense stations/solar plants, etc.) Optionally, add a solar panel to their Wharves to reduce the criticality of Power Distribution units.
As mentioned before, this is all but simple. You can list any change you feel is right all day, but unless there is actionable data for it its not likely to happen. As I said, its not a given that there is a problem at all yet. Threads about how the Xenon are too weak or too strong are a dime a dozen. So I repeat myself, we are willing to look into it, but we need facts. I still don't see people sharing their saves for example.

MFG

Ketraar

HeinzS
x4

Post by HeinzS » Wed, 8. May 24, 14:19

Ketraar wrote:
Wed, 8. May 24, 11:07
I still don't see people sharing their saves for example.
I see links to 3 saves on the first page. :?

Koizuki

Post by Koizuki » Wed, 8. May 24, 17:54

Ketraar wrote:
Wed, 8. May 24, 11:07
As I said, its not a given that there is a problem at all yet. Threads about how the Xenon are too weak or too strong are a dime a dozen. So I repeat myself, we are willing to look into it, but we need facts. I still don't see people sharing their saves for example.
I'm a little confused about this as well, since as HeinzS said, there were 3 different saves posted on the first page of this thread. Exactly what kind of saves are you looking for?
Saves being posted about this issue would always be after-the-fact, as posting a save before the Xenon begin losing territory isn't very useful. Are you guys looking for saves right before major Xenon battles to see combat performance? Or are you simply looking for sheer numbers of saves to demonstrate whether a widespread issue exists? We can only help here if we know what it is exactly you are all looking for that would prove there is an issue.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 8. May 24, 17:59

The saves that have been provided are great, and we are grateful to the people who have provided them, but we also have several pages of people posting anecdotal commentary without any solid data to back it up. Ketraar's comments, and mine, are directed at those people who are continuing to try to discuss this without supporting evidence, despite repeated requests to provide more actual data points for us to work with.

Koizuki

Post by Koizuki » Wed, 8. May 24, 19:24

So, in essence, the request is for far more saves/posts about the issue (the "sheer numbers" approach) it sounds like?

I think we can work with that.

Anomie
x4

Post by Anomie » Wed, 8. May 24, 20:19

Here is a savegame that I started with beta 4. The xenons hold their sectors for the most part. Here and there the xenon send a few fleets, so far without any notable success. I have been setting up laser towers at some gates for a few hours so that my collectors have something to do. I would say that the xenon is just a little missing in this save to be somehow dangerous. What I noticed is that the xenons are often worn out at stations. I've often seen I's and K's that were erased by stations in seconds, especially when I was in the sector or started a live stream view, which sometimes resulted in them bursting straight away.
In this save even ZYA is finally at the start again, I was very surprised that no station was destroyed even after hours.
I guess OOS is a problem right now, especially at stations.

7.00 beta 4, savegame - https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/2wn58952 ... 2gpu0&dl=0

In another save, my fleets at stations are completely wiped out if I'm not in the sector.
Xenon solar stations with their laser towers turn off my s-fleets very quickly with OOS, but the same applies to all other stations that have this armament.

In this save the xenons have almost all been pushed back heavily. a few were destroyed by me, the others were defeated by the other factions
7.00 beta older savegame - https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/372ib53c ... cviit&dl=0

Koizuki

Post by Koizuki » Wed, 8. May 24, 20:36

I can't seem to edit my posts in this subforum, but I did want to add that I remember this older thread here started during Beta 2 that discussed this as well, with saves posted there. It appears Ketraar did respond in that thread though, so they probably already know about those, but as far as discussions go, it is another set of data points to draw from.

PersonyPerson
x4

Post by PersonyPerson » Thu, 9. May 24, 00:30

Here are some saves that show the issue with explanations for each:

Old Main Save (Started in 6.20) - 206H elapsed:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L-oVPn ... sp=sharing

This is a late game save before 7.00 where I've done the vast majority of the plots. I've included this save to highlight the issue of Xenon weakness in 7.00 compared to before. Here, the Xenon have been a menace for the entire duration. They conquered Family Tkr, Frontier Edge and came close at points to taking Family Zhin and Zyarth's Dominion I and consistently raided The Void, Fires of Defeat, Family Nhuut and Tharka's Ravine XXIV. They were disrupting my economy so much that I resorted to investing in personal defence stations in Family Nhuut and The Void. That allowed the Antigonid economy to recover so they managed to take Frontier Edge on their own. The Xenon economy anomalously collapsed in the Emperor's Pride sectors so the Paranid could then take them. The Terrans very early on bulldozed Savage Spur II (This is why I incorrectly thought the mass of Xenon defence stations there was new) and they annihilated Tharka's Ravine IV. The Holy Order only managed to take Faulty Logic I with my help.

The point here is, that whilst they may have lost ground in some areas, they're significantly gaining in others. The player is compelled to react to them to avoid worse future consequences. They're an active threat.

Main save (started in 7.00 beta 1)(Non-SETA) - 48H elapsed:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uRuRgA ... sp=sharing

The Xenon in my Main save are on the backfoot in most places. Large Antigonid fleet hovering south in Frontier Edge with nothing in Atiya's Misfortune I to stop them, Both Scale plate sectors contested, Tharka's Ravine IV dead, Matrix #451 in Teladi hands, Emperor's Pride IV contested. Faulty Logic I taken by the Holy order. I did nothing at all to influence these events.

The only area where the Xenon are a problem is ironically, Zyarth Space, where I spent the vast majority of this save. But aside from the very start of the game where the Xenon bulldozed the southern defence station in Family Zhin, they were contained relatively easily and I only needed to intervene a handful of times. A Quantum Tube factory spawned next to that station that was stacked with laser turrets that destroyed every K that tried to attack it. I completed a defence station mission there to help protect my miners and that contained them for good.

Now there isn't anywhere on the map where the Xenon are going to have an impact on the game.

AI Only save 1 (Beta 4) - 27H elapsed (before stopping):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19CDC3P ... sp=sharing

This save was explained here:
PersonyPerson wrote:
Sat, 4. May 24, 05:22
I just tested a new AI only game on 7.00 Beta 4 by leaving the computer on overnight on SETA for 24H in-game time. The Xenon for the most part held their own and even managed to take Mists of Artemis and Frontier Edge. They destroyed a lot of stations in The Void, thanks to an I rampaging across the sector. They held almost everything they started with (Even Tharka's Ravine IV Tharka's Fall, which previously the Terrans always seemed to beeline near the start of the game), but the notable exception is that they lost Matrix #451. The Teladi with their newly buffed capital ships seem to bulldoze it very early on and this clearly seems to happen far more often than not, because that happened in my main 7.00 save too (which I started in Beta 1) and others have said they experience something similar. The Xenon in Matrix #451 also seem to get distracted by the Khaak Installation. In that particular test, A K was attacking the Khaak Station (which otherwise would be helping defend the sector), that's when the Teladi poured in and annihilated everything.
AI Only save 2 (Beta 4 HF1) - 73H elapsed (before stopping):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WRq2K- ... sp=sharing

I did another overnight on SETA AI only save (Beta 4 HF1), where it wasn't interrupted and lasted for 72H in-game. This time the Xenon held everything except Tharka's Ravine IV Tharka's Fall, but they did not manage to gain anything either. I was paying close attention to Matrix #451 at the start before going to sleep. This time the Teladi bulldozed the initial Xenon defence station in the south as usual, but then they went all into the Khaak Installation that also happened to have a K attacking it. The Teladi destroyed the Khaak, but suffered enough losses that they couldn't capitalise and take the sector, so the Xenon held it for the rest of the duration. Didn't see what happened to Tharka's Ravine IV, but I did notice that they didn't have large capital ships protecting the sector this time, so the Terrans probably sent a fleet there and wiped the sector clean (which is what usually happens).

The AI Only saves are listed as modified, but that is only because I chose the Custom start (Creative) in order to save time setting them up.

I should also note that "AI Only" means that I did nothing to influence the galaxy. All I did was spawn in scouts and placed Advanced satellites everywhere, whilst being friendly to all factions to avoid getting destroyed.

I know more speculation isn't desired, but it seems the additional Xenon stations introduced in beta 4 for the most part have kept them from totally collapsing like they did in earlier beta states (at least from the saves I've played), but they are still short of being the threat that they were before 7.00. The current set up mostly preserves the game-start status quo.

I'm going to do one more AI-only save for Beta 5 and then wait until there's changes to the Xenon before doing one after that.

PersonyPerson
x4

Post by PersonyPerson » Thu, 9. May 24, 21:12

AI Only Save 3 (Beta 5) - 59H Elapsed (before stopping)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1try_Em ... sp=sharing

The Xenon did not gain anything and lost Tharka's Ravine IV and Faulty Logic I, both due to the Terrans, where the Holy Order then sent their own fleet in for the latter to finish the job. The Teladi/MIN invasion of Matrix #451 was repulsed thanks to the presence of 3 Ks defending the south. Frontier Edge was back and forth as the Antigonids built defence stations that got destroyed, but eventually they got the upper hand.

One additional thing I've noticed is that sometimes the Xenon attempt to build a defence station in unclaimed and opposing sectors (in order to claim them for themselves), but then make no effort at all to send resources (via SEs) to build them despite clearly being able to. The past 2 saves they try to build a defence station in Mists of Artemis, but then I go to sleep and come back ~2 ingame days later to see that it's still in the unfinished state. They built it in AI Only Save 1, so I'm not sure what's going on there. This tends to happen in Turquoise Sea X too. The Xenon can't ever establish a foothold there because they make no effort at all to build up the station.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 9. May 24, 21:22

PersonyPerson wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 21:12

The Xenon did not gain anything and lost Tharka's Ravine IV and Faulty Logic I, both due to the Terrans, where the Holy Order then sent their own fleet in for the latter to finish the job. The Teladi/MIN invasion of Matrix #451 was repulsed thanks to the presence of 3 Ks defending the south. Frontier Edge was back and forth as the Antigonids built defence stations that got destroyed, but eventually they got the upper hand.

One additional thing I've noticed is that sometimes the Xenon attempt to build a defence station in unclaimed and opposing sectors (in order to claim them for themselves), but then make no effort at all to send resources (via SEs) to build them despite clearly being able to. The past 2 saves they try to build a defence station in Mists of Artemis, but then I go to sleep and come back ~2 ingame days later to see that it's still in the unfinished state. They built it in AI Only Save 1, so I'm not sure what's going on there. This tends to happen in Turquoise Sea X too. The Xenon can't ever establish a foothold there because they make no effort at all to build up the station.
xenons not being able to build up any new stations in certain sectors has been a long time known bug and its still not being looked at, there where numerous reports even with tracking number but still nothing done about it, that has been my THE THING about weak xenons as soon as it pooped up and its probably related to a lot of issues we all report about them, bad decisions where to mine and seems where to sell, and build miners for a cluster half way across the galaxy etc.....
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Thu, 9. May 24, 21:45

Here is a save of a Xenon Power Distribution Unit SE (HTX-972) traveling through teladi territory, I think from Matrix #451, to a solar station somewhere. Using the "Live Stream" view - it tells me that it is ordered to Dock at a XEN Solar Power Plant.
Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/982xar86r607l ... xy9op&dl=0
Screenshot_4.png
Xenon SE flying the "friendly" skies

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Fri, 10. May 24, 01:12

Here is a 24-hour save with only 5 hours using SETA, featuring a custom new game start (budgeted). The Teladi have assaulted matrix 451 a few times. Each time they failed because I intervened using live stream view. When monitored with High Attention, they always lose, but under Low Attention, they damage the station. Unfortunately, I don’t have the earliest saves where Teladi already destroyed 2 defense modules before I could intervene with High Attention.

In the following save, the Teladi are making their 5th attempt at the station, this time with 5 Phoenix E's and a handful of S and M ships. In Low Attention, in about 30 minutes of real time (no SETA), they destroy all xenon defending the station, then lose all their fighters to the station, and then begin destroying it. At 45 minutes OOS, they continue to dominate the station while the battle looms on.

Event > Low Attention / OOS> High Attention / IS>
Assault Begins ) Link to Save
30 Minutes Later ) Link to Save Link to Save
45 Minutes Later ) Link to Save Link to Save

The findings after 45 minutes (NO SETA) are a decisive victory for the xenon under High Attention, with an ongoing battle under Low Attention that looks like a victory for the Teladi.

Please download the saves and take a look. One thing interesting to note is that the High Attention saves a Xenon K shows up around 30 minutes into the fight, while in Low Attention it has not showed up yet at 45 minutes. Some more xenon forces do trickle in but get wiped out pretty quickly in OOS.

I really hope this helps!

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Fri, 10. May 24, 21:24

Here's a save one day later: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/vay1kck4 ... hgl29&dl=0 - teladi have destroyed the xenon defense station and xenon have failed to recover. I am not sure when it happened unfortunately, but just noticed. This was with me intervening a few times and also even shutting off their shipyards for 5 hours.

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Sun, 12. May 24, 04:26

Reloaded an earlier save before the station gets destroyed, some hours later Terran ATF bulldozes the station in matrix 451. So then reloaded earlier save again, and when Terran ATF comes to station I used live preview, and xenon win against Terran ATF, as two K's destroy the Asgard in short order in High Attention - but the opposite in Low Attention. It's been another day and Terran ATF has arrived again, this time there are no Xenon destroyers, and the live preview trick doesnt work lol, ATF bulldozes the station.

So IDK I'm 0-3, where I've reloaded past saves and the xenon defense station gets destroyed eventually, either by teladi, or by terrans. Yeah I think Xenon are too weak, unless this is just an anomaly, but you have the save file so maybe there's something there that can help.

Tankqull

Post by Tankqull » Sun, 12. May 24, 11:31

From my perspective the main problem with Xenos actually are the Terrans, they stomb them everywhere and destroy their infrastructure in that process. Combined with 50% of the PE i´ve boarded (4 out of 7) not fully equiped you can guess all other ships might not be either.

CuddleBuff
x4

Post by CuddleBuff » Mon, 13. May 24, 01:17

I absolutely agree that in 7.0. In each beta, I've seen the commonwealth overrun the xenon in some fashion removing xenon pressure and precious drops from entire regions of the game.

Even in Beta 5:
The Terran AI will consistently kill xenon a shipyard and warf within 2-3 hours of a gamestart. I'm watching this happen in real time while boarding an Asgard here. Only 2 hours at the start, this battlegroup will destory the shipyard and warf of emperor's pride letting PAR take the entire north west of the map.

(The ship being boarded is... a little bugged)
Link to Save: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7m76vx16 ... kexp9&dl=0
Link to Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/hn8o9qko ... 4de10&dl=0

This lets the commonwealth faction snowball and take over the sector with overwhelming numbers of destoryers and S ships before the Xenon can rebuild the Shipyard or warf. In the example provided, the Paranid are already completing a defense platform in Emperor's pride. Meanwhile a terran intervention battlegroup is on its way to kill the shipyard here. Unless the player intervens in some way, even by at least keeping the Asgard In System view, this battlegroup will kill the Ks in the area, then the shipyard.

Then the Paranid will snowball and all Xenon pressure in the north west will be gone.

The Teladi take and hold Matrix 451 consistently now. This has happened 4-5 games in 7.0.
HOP takes Faulty logic consistently sometimes within 2-5 hours of gamestart even no terran support. Also 4-5 games.
Argon/Antigone will actually push into Atiya's within 12-20 hours taking all Xenon pressure away from the South of the map within 12 hours.
Split actually go on the offenseive constantly and 2-5 games they've taken Rhy bread's Defience even 1-5 games they took Tharka's which was a ride. Tharka's fall, falls to the Split 4-5 games.

The one time, the commonwealth doesn't crush the xenon within 12 hours, the 5-1? Was because I chose to intereven.
But why is this an issue if we have the late game crisis now? Wouldn't this new meta make it far easier for new players to expand and not feel like there is was the old "xenon ticking timebomb"?

In my 1600 hours of experiences in 6.0 you had roughly 15-24 hours before the xenon kill/perma cripple the commonwealth economy in some way. No defense station at HAT meant that the player had to build one there, or station some kind of reaction force... even a M ship with plasma to kill a K's engines to stop it for awhile early game. Or Argon dies within 20 hours. Etc. It felt, great personally. Because there was a sense of Urgency and a sense of reward...

Terran intervention fleets actually died usually to the first Xenon defense station they saw and didn't make it to xenon shipyards and warfs unless the player helps.
Commonwealth at the time rarely if ever went on the offensive like they do in 7.0. Unless the player helps.
It was a miracle if Antigone ever naturally held Frontier's Edge. Unless the player helps.

But now the player doesn't have to "help" anymore.

The AI can and will take care of themselves. So my options are now, spend the 20 to 30 hours in the new, more AI competent universe, and get to the Crisis and it will be a challenge again?
But then that means after the Crisis that's it? You have to chose to go to war with another faction for some personal lore reason, create a new enemy in save for yourself, or start over.

The biggest change for me personally has been "less Xenon over the course of a game time means far less drops for Ship Mods over the course of the game." More xenon/fighting = more Ship Mods. This hasn't been cripping, but since Missile and Torpedo drops are thing. Far less vauable items are available.

My solution/coping mechanism:

To enjoy 7.0 each game I have to personally intercept every single Asgard that passes through Getsu to stop them from helping the commonwealth snowball. Then hack the shipyards of HOP, TER, TEL, and ZYA as quickly as possible. This gives the Xenon enough time to actually mass up and feel/be some kind of threat mid/lategame. Then by building future infastructure for shipbuilding/terraforming in Boron space early game enables their economy to be relevant and properly go to war. This allows them to first build up enough so the Boron chose to take Heratic's End before the Argon. Even with BUC/TEM active, as an additional enemy for PAR and HOP, PAR still takes emperor's and HOP still takes Faulty logic.

TDLR: I have to make choices to nerf the AI through boarding and disabling production modules for the first 8 hours of a game, or the Xenon die, the best source of Ship Mod components disappears, and a majority of pressure is removed from the game. Games in 7.0 will stagnate and become uninteresting unless you either help the Xenon, go to war with a faction early, or focus and build up for crisis. Ironically, I've never been able to get to Crisis with a new start in 7.0. Because I never needed 500m in Military ships. By midgame, I would have to begin fighting another faction (which I would rather not because of their constant screams for mercy), or start over since there is no incentive to protect or help the AI militarily anymore.

LandogarX4
x4

Post by LandogarX4 » Mon, 13. May 24, 10:33

Buzz2005 wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 21:22
PersonyPerson wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 21:12

xenons not being able to build up any new stations in certain sectors has been a long time known bug and its still not being looked at, there where numerous reports even with tracking number but still nothing done about it, that has been my THE THING about weak xenons as soon as it pooped up and its probably related to a lot of issues we all report about them, bad decisions where to mine and seems where to sell, and build miners for a cluster half way across the galaxy etc.....
Exactly. I had provided several saves on that issue, but it never even got acknowledged or looked at by the devs. So I'm not too motivated to delve into the beta and make more bug reports to be ignored.

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Mon, 13. May 24, 15:45

I think the miners making bad decisions is a seperate issue, but it contributes to the xenon being weak - only because every faction (including your own) does this, especially as soon as the "clusters" deflate. There might be a different topic or thread about this, maybe with more information on why this hasn't been addressed. I did provide a save (a few posts above) where SE is suiciding to dock at a XEN power station. I don't have a save right now, but I'll start working on getting one together, where the SE are suiciding into the HAT defense station. Granted, I don't think that the Xenon in Tharka's are in bad shape. I think all the other xenon sectors are, as I've personally NEVER EVER seen them hold those sectors without my intervention. I believe the reason why the SE are suicidal is because the clusters deflate too fast, but IDK for sure.

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Mon, 13. May 24, 16:10

Here is an SE going on its death to "mine silicon" - from tharka's cascade, it looks like it's going to mine it right next to HAT defense station :D :D . The problem is, as soon as the defense station shoots at the miner, it retaliates and dies immediately after.

I have some suggestions to fix this, but maybe there's a better approach:
1.SE miners should not retaliate (is it using "use judgement" or "retaliate" ??) against defense stations.
2. I don't know where it is heading, but maybe the pathways should be adjusted for using the highway in hatvika's choice.
3. maybe SE miners getting silicon shouldn't leave tharca's cascade, considering it has TONS OF SILICON there. I suspect something might be wrong with the cluster IDK

please look at the save file here https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/u7i73dju ... 7wc1i&dl=0
Look at SE Miner XQN-546
Attachments
Screenshot_8.png
cropped-card.png

Anomie
x4

Post by Anomie » Wed, 15. May 24, 20:00

Anomie wrote:
Wed, 8. May 24, 20:19
Here is a savegame that I started with beta 4. The xenons hold their sectors for the most part. Here and there the xenon send a few fleets, so far without any notable success. I have been setting up laser towers at some gates for a few hours so that my collectors have something to do. I would say that the xenon is just a little missing in this save to be somehow dangerous. What I noticed is that the xenons are often worn out at stations. I've often seen I's and K's that were erased by stations in seconds, especially when I was in the sector or started a live stream view, which sometimes resulted in them bursting straight away.
In this save even ZYA is finally at the start again, I was very surprised that no station was destroyed even after hours.
I guess OOS is a problem right now, especially at stations.

7.00 beta 4, savegame - https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/2wn58952 ... 2gpu0&dl=0

In another save, my fleets at stations are completely wiped out if I'm not in the sector.
Xenon solar stations with their laser towers turn off my s-fleets very quickly with OOS, but the same applies to all other stations that have this armament.

In this save the xenons have almost all been pushed back heavily. a few were destroyed by me, the others were defeated by the other factions
7.00 beta older savegame - https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/372ib53c ... cviit&dl=0

I have one more savegame here.
Game started in beta 7.00 4 and is the same game i posted here before, im now by 3-4 in-game day´s

savegame - https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1tvq1szq ... uej0m&dl=0
savegame 2(4 hours have passed here and a lot has happened) - https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qvydmelt ... xqj9o&dl=0

I left the xenon miner alone through fire authorization.
I have placed collectors on 5 different jumpgates and some of them are "protected" with 100 laser turrets because the respective faction did not park enough ships there.
So there is a certain amount of player intervention there

I'm currently trying to let the xenon rage in hatikvahs choice and family zhin and rarely intervene unless one of my traders wants to commit suicide

My Xenon became more “aggressive” almost exactly after two days in-game.
Xenon have begun to heavily deploy their fleets into neighboring sectors.

Family Zhin is currently under severe pressure. Fleets with up to 3 K's can be seen managing to destroy the stations near the jump gate in a very short time. Xenon started building several stations in Family Zhin, but are having problems completing them because the stations remain completely unguarded and during this time the miner + station is destroyed by a small S/M fleet. In the meantime, the xenon are rampaging across the entire sector.

Hatikvah's Choice is similar. I have to intervene here because the xenon always chose the same place for their station and my traders would have had to fly directly through the station. I have now occupied this position with my own territorial claims.
Now they are building a few hundred meters away... is this hard coded?

HOP took Faulty Logic VII alone without Terran help.

Since the universe was far too boring for me and there was hardly anything destroyed and hardly any fights between ANT/ARG-HOP-PAR.
I actually wanted to wait with these plots but decided the following. TER are at war with ARG and ANT, so they can hardly get through. Since then HOP have also been more active in Second Contact.

ANT holds Frontier Edge with ease from the start, Xenon are hardly a threat or rarely seen in The Void and Second Contact Flashpoint.
Maybe this will change soon due to the pressure from the TER on ANT/ARG and since TER can hardly help HOP anymore but I doubt that since HOP has a huge fleet.

TEL took Matrix #451 without me noticing it, I was just surprised because I flew through a few times to grab an H. At that time there was hardly any activity in these sectors.
Scale Plate Green was also under heavy pressure from TEL, but was destroyed by a defense station. Tel wanted to build right next to a xenon defense station, very strange since they lost a few freighters there.

There is hardly anything of Emperors Pride to be seen, I think that is because the xenon in Letany of Fury fails directly at the two defense stations directly at the jump gate. Would also explain why ZYA has lasted so long without being harassed from all sides.

I noticed the following, all of the xenon sectors taken by other factions were shortly after the xenon invaded the neighboring sectors and that the xenon sectors seemed extinct after the xenon invasion, so there were practically no fleets for defense.
I have set up satellites in some xenon sectors they are for the most part deactivated, I just look in sometimes to see what the situation is.
After the xenon attacks, the sectors are practically empty. At least in the places where the satellites are.
Before the attacks, these places are full of xenon.

A word about Profit Center Alpha - there are two stations built directly in a line to the gate from the highway to Two Grand
The xenon miners die there particularly often when they want to go from or through Two Grand, the ships fly from the highway through 2 stations and are destroyed there. The AI ​​here is simply committing suicide.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”